‘Kerala’ and ‘Kerala Tourism’ are the key searches on the Internet for tourists seeking information about destinations in the State. Most of such online searches happen through Google.Kerala Tourism’s official websitekeralatourism.orgranks second in search results if one searches for Kerala. Wikipedia comes first. Kerala Tourism website comes first when the keywords are ‘Kerala Tourism’ or ‘Kerala Travel’.The Kerala Tourism website, launched in 1998, has played a key role in promoting the destination and tourism products such as Ayurveda, backwaters, responsible tourism, increasing footfall.The website got more hits than the India Tourism website and a few tourism websites of States such as Gujarat, Rajasthan, Goa, and Delhi and even some global tourism websites (see table).With the advent of digital era , the promotional activities of Kerala Tourism, which were confined to newspapers and magazines, have given way to digital campaigns maintaining 24-hour online presence .The website received 41 lakh sessions/visits in the financial year 2017-18, which went up to 1,02,52,887 in 2018-19 as per Google Analytics. Kerala Tourism YouTube Channel, another ICT initiative, has more than 38,869,088 viewership and over one lakh subscriptions.Of the 10,96,407 foreign tourists who visited the State in January-December in 2018, 20.9% used the website as a… Read full this story
- Kerala tourism eyes robust growth in domestic tourist footfalls in 2020
- Kerala beckons tourists: We're open!
- Safety, security norms for adventure tourism
- Fighting a virus, yet again: How controlling the Nipah outbreak helped Kerala to take on COVID-19
- It's all Media creation: Kerala Police academy denies reports of excluding beef from menu
- Senior Cop Dismisses Reports of Beef Ban in Canteen of Kerala Police Academy
- Tourism dept. cultural fest begins today
- Malabar Tourism Circuit on the cards
- What's so magical about this tiny island in Kerala?
- Packaged-water cos may urge Kerala govt to ease price cap
IT prop for Kerala Tourism have 306 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 30, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.