Washington: Amid reports that North Korea conducted an “important” test at a missile site, US President Donald Trump on Sunday warned that Kim Jong-un could “void the special relationship”.
“Kim Jong Un is too smart and has far too much to lose, everything actually, if he acts in a hostile way,” Trump wrote in a pair of tweets.
“He does not want to void his special relationship with the President of the United States…”North Korea said that it has carried out a “very important test” at its key satellite launching station, its state media reported.
Yonhap cited a statement by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) stating that the result of the “successful test” would play a significant role in “altering the strategic position” of North Korea in the near future.
“The result will play a significant role in once again altering the strategic position of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea in the near future,” the Academy of National Defence Science said in a statement, referring to North Korea by its official name.
Sunday’s development comes a day after the country said that the denuclearisation talks with the United States are off the table.
The nuclear negotiations between the US and North Korea have been at a standstill since the Hanoi summit between President Donald Trump and leader Kim broke up in February and Pyongyang has since demanded Washington to change its approach by the end of the year.
- President Trump meets North Korea's Kim Jong Un in Vietnam for second nuclear summit
- Donald Trump potentially brings age of peace
- Three American detainees freed from North Korea return home
- Trump pats Putin on the back and chats with smiling Saudi Crown Prince - the man accused of ordering the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - who stands in the front row for 'family photo' at G20 summit
- 'An absolute disgrace': Republicans blast Trump for his 'disgusting' press conference with Putin
- Testing Hillary Clinton's presidential skills in Crusader Kings 2
- Putin attacks Western views on gay rights and multiculturalism and says immigrants are free to 'kill, plunder and rape with impunity because their rights are protected' ahead of G20 meeting with May
- How old ghosts are haunting Ireland
- Airbus has delivered a body blow to Brexit Britain. It won’t be the last
- The legacy of PlayStation creator Ken Kutaragi, in 24 stories
Kim Jong-un might lose 'special relationship': Donald Trump warns after North Korea conducted 'important' test have 385 words, post on zeenews.india.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.