Jose Mourinho says his team selection was about “taking in information” on Tottenham Hotspur’s depth, and he wasn’t terribly bothered by Bayern Munich’s 3-1 win in Germany. The Spurs boss, however, says the seeded teams in Monday’s UEFA Champions League draw should be terribly bothered at the concept of drawing the reigning finalists. [ MORE: Who can PL teams draw in UCL? ] “I think from the teams that finished second, I think the teams that finish first they wish they don’t play against us,” he said, via Football.London. “I think we are one of the strongest teams from the second group. I know we are a country which goes through a crazy period and leaves marks on players and their conditions. But by February I will understand my players better and we will be more ready.” Mourinho said he thinks the 3-2 score line that could’ve arrived had Heung-Min Son not been denied by Manuel Neuer would’ve been a more fair representation of the match, with both sides leaving out key players but Bayern’s side decidedly stronger. And he hopes Spurs supporters will forgive him leaving Harry Kane, Jan Vertonghen, and Dele Alli behind after a big win at… Read full this story
- Man Utd may regret sacking Jose Mourinho now the ‘football dinosaur’ is roaring back with Spurs
- Premier League hits and misses: Old failings there for Arsenal, Newcastle get under Man City's skin
- Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur want former Manchester United flop, which would be his ideal destination?
- Moussa Sissoko ends Fenerbahce transfer talk as he signs new Spurs contract till 2023
- Scott McTominay returns to Man Utd squad for Spurs clash as players check in to The Lowry before Jose Mourinho reunion
- 11pm Man Utd news LIVE: Haaland £17m release clause, Eriksen for Matic swap, Rashford brother in Mourinho dig
- Premier League hits and misses: Arsenal's problems grow, VAR helps Newcastle
- Arsenal star Aubameyang wanted by Inter Milan in January transfer to link up with Lukaku as contract talks stall
- Ljungberg believes Arsenal good enough to make top four
- Football making mockery of farcical Financial Fair Play rules with Man City set to avoid punishment from lawmakers
Mourinho: No one will want to draw Spurs in Champions League have 373 words, post on soccer.nbcsports.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.