North Korea conducted a “crucial test” at a launching station on its western coast on Friday, which its military chief claimed will be used to develop “another strategic weapon” aimed at deterring a nuclear threat from the United States.The Academy of Defense Science, the North’s agency responsible for its missile development program, announced in an English statement released to the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Saturday that the test had been successfully conducted between 10:41 to 10:48 p.m. Friday at the Sohae Satellite Launching Ground, where just six days earlier it tested what is believed to be a rocket engine possibly intended for a long-range missile.Pak Jong-chon“The research successes being registered by us in defense science one after another recently will be applied to further bolstering up the reliable strategic nuclear deterrent of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea,” the statement read, using the formal name for North Korea.Another English-language statement regarding the test followed shortly after, issued by Pak Jong-chon, chief of the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army, who claimed the “priceless data, experience and new technologies” gained through the regime’s weapons tests will be used to “definitely and reliably” restrain and overpower a U.S…. Read full this story
- North Korea test fires rockets in Thanksgiving reminder of year-end deadline for U.S.
- North Korea tests submarine-capable missile fired from sea
- North Korea test fires two missiles month before deadline for US to respond on talks
- Sri Lanka conducts test run on China-funded southern railway line
- North Korea ‘rapidly’ rebuilds nuke testing site and puts rockets in ‘test phase’ after Kim’s crunch missile talks with Donald Trump collapsed
- Japan, S Korea, US Agree to Enhance Cooperation After North's Missile Launch
- After repeated tests, North Korea hasn't launched a missile in 56 days. What's going on?
- A guide to North Korea's missiles
- North Korea fires unidentified projectile, South Korea says
- North Korea conducts artillery firing at Kim’s order
North conducts yet another test from Sohae site have 336 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.