Singer-songwriter Park Ki-young [SHIN IN-SEOP]Whitney Houston was undoubtedly an iconic figure not only to music fans but also to anyone in the music industry in the 1990s. Almost every female singer looked up to the one-of-a-kind vocalist at the time, and singer-songwriter Park Ki-young was one of them. She listened to Whitney Houston albums until her records wore out. The queen of pop passed away years ago, but Park carries on the legacy of Houston by taking the stage in the musical “The Bodyguard” that is running through Feb. 23 at the LG Arts Center in southern Seoul. The musical is based on the 1992 film of the same title, in which Houston played the lead character Rachel Marron, a spoiled and demanding diva. JoongAng Sunday, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, met with Park a week before the first scheduled performance of the musical in November and Park expressed that she was not that thrilled by playing her role model. Whitney Houston “I’m quite upset,” said the 43-year-old singer. “I was tricked into [the musical] by the name of Whitney Houston.“I’ve searched and watched all the video clips of her, but I have never seen her dancing this… Read full this story
- How Delta Goodrem stole the spotlight during The Voice finale: Singer wore a plunging J'Aton Couture gown made especially for her and House of K'dor diamonds worth thousands of dollars
- Command & Conquer voice actress reprises her role for the remaster 25 years later
- How McDonald’s is using Amazon and Google to find new employees
- Samuel L. Jackson Is the New Voice of Alexa
- Finds New Delights in a Familiar Setting
- Teenage Kicks review – a compelling new voice in queer Australian cinema
- Sharks’ Thornton after DeBoer firing: “Time for a new voice”
- Sharks seek new voice after firing coach Peter DeBoer
- Where Can I Find New Movies and TV Shows To Watch on Netflix?
- Kolkata: Stir hits traffic in Park Circus, Bypass, Esplanade, New Town
Park Ki-young finds a new voice in ‘The Bodyguard’: The singer says her role in the musical has been a daily challenge have 335 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 4, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.