AUBURN, Maine (AP) — Auburn police say they have arrested three people who tried to pass counterfeit hundred dollar bills at a Home Depot Store in the city.
Police say as officers arrived at the store on Friday evening, two of the suspects tried to flee on foot. All three suspects were taken into custody.
Police say the two men and woman from New York had been traveling through Maine, using counterfeit money to buy high value items at different Home Depot stores. They were able to purchase $3,500 worth of merchandise at one store using counterfeit bills.
They were denied similar purchases at other stores before arriving in Auburn.
Police say the suspects’ vehicle contained large amounts of cash that is believed to be fake and merchandise suspected to have been obtainined through fraudulent activity. They are each being held on $25,000 bail.
- Fremont Police Arrest Transient Man For Attacking Woman In Fast Food Parking Lot
- Video: US Police Arrest Californian Who Dumped Paralyzed Man Out of Wheelchair
- Police arrest notorious armed robbery suspect, recover arm, ammunition in Enugu
- Busting myths, spreading awareness: How Kerala police is using the digital platform against Covid-19
- Mumbai police arrests two people for fake currency printing and circulation
- Mumbai Police arrests two persons near Ambur for fake currency printing and circulation
- Prescott Valley police arrest 3 in retail thefts
- Child arrest, school safety bills fail in Florida legislature
- Police arrest 3 suspected kidnappers, rescue victim in Calabar
- Weekly Police Logs: Police Arrest Two, Respond To 12 Crashes
- Weekly Police Logs: Police Arrest One, Respond To 15 Crashes
- Delhi Police arrests couple linked to ISIS for instigating anti-CAA protests
- Delhi Police arrests five more accused in IB staffer Ankit Sharma murder case
- Why Did the Police Arrest Nicki Minaj's Husband Kenneth Petty?
- Week after man’s charred body found without hands, police arrest 27-year-old suspect
- Hong Kong police arrest 17 people involved in explosive cases
- Delhi Police arrests PFI secretary in alleged Shaheen Bagh funding link
- German police arrest 93-year-old 'Auschwitz guard'
- Italian Police Arrest 8 Men for Migrant Smuggling Operation - Investigators
- Richmond braces for pro-gun rally where anti-fascist counter protesters will face off against 2nd amendment supporters as police arrest SIX neo-Nazis
Police: 3 arrested for using counterfeit bills at store have 344 words, post on apnews.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.