The Tamil Nadu Real Estate Regulatory Authority (TNRERA), Chennai, has directed a developer to refund a total of ₹82.61 lakh, along with interest, to buyers for non-delivery of commercial units.
In two separate complaints, the buyers said they made applications for allotment of commercial units, which are shops in a commercial complex, namely ‘Gold Souk Grande’ on GST Road, Vandalur, promoted by M/s Metroline Promoters (P) Ltd.
In her compliant, Lavanya Prasad said she was allotted a shop and had paid an amount of ₹37.25 lakh and the date for delivery of the unit was June 30, 2013.
In a separate compliant, A. Joesph Stanley and S.J.S. Thamarai Selvi said they had paid ₹45.36 lakh for the shopping unit and date for delivery was June 30, 2013. As per the agreement, monthly rent for the amount invested in the respective units was fixed at ₹31,042, with effect from July 1, 2011, till the date of offer of possession, Ms. Prasad said.
In the case of Joesph Stanley and S.J.S. Thamarai Selvi, the agreed rent was ₹37,800 per month from June 10, 2011, till the date of offer of possession.
The developer paid the agreed rent only for a few months, and since the shops were not handed over, the buyers said they lodged a complaint with the District Crime Branch police, Kancheepuram, on October 13, 2016.
TNRERA directed the developer to refund the amounts along with interest at the rate of 10.20% per annum. It also told the developer to pay compensation of ₹3 lakh each to the buyers towards mental agony, hardship and inconvenience caused, and fixed litigation expenses at ₹20,000 each.
- E2 Visa FAQ and Answers for British Nationals
- RIO Carbon
- Globlization And Its Impact Of Insurance Industry In India
- How to Select The Best Clickbank Product
- Music Must Sound - A Collection of Poems
- It Is Internet Marketing Doublespeak - The Offer Is Free (But It Is Not Free)
- 1000 Order-Pulling Words and Phrases For Your Online Business
- Fantasy hockey rankings: Week 3 update
- When is the Best Time of Year to Visit Walt Disney World?
- No Savings at Age 40? Alternate Retirement Options for a Better Retirement Sooner!