In an exclusive chat with TimesofIndia.com, Akbar Khan poured his heart out about his struggles, unconditional passion for music and more…
“My family is having a debt of Rs 35 lakhs and from the past few years, I’m struggling to repay it. Every month I’m in need of a minimum of Rs. 1 lakh. From driving a JCB to singing in stage shows, I try my best to support my family,” Akbar opens up.
The singer got emotional revealing that there were moments when money lenders had threatened him minutes before his performance in a show.
Despite the struggles, the passionate singer is not ready to give up music.
“The moment I come here for the grooming session, I put all my sorrows aside and gel with the team. I make sure to entertain everyone and make the sets around me lively,” Akbar says with his signature smile.
Akbar says his entry into the show was a ‘pure accident’. The singer, who came to meet the producer of the show, ended up getting selected in the show. However, Akbar is thankful to the show for helping him broaden his spectrum and try different genres of music.
“I always thought that Arabic music was my forte. But, this show helped me explore myself. I could try genres like classical music which I was never confident about,” the singer shares.
Akbar also shared that he feels blessed to sing in front of music directors like Shaan Rahman and Gopi Sundar, whom he had earlier requested chances to sing in their movies. With sheer merit, Akbar has already sung in 7 movies and started establishing as a playback singer.
The recent episode when Akbar was denied 100 marks for one of his performances on the show created a lot of buzz on social media. Netizens criticised the judgment of mentor Mithun Jayraj for the performances. Sharing his thoughts on this, Akbar said, “It is obviously a sad moment when you miss a blockbuster by a half mark. But, this makes me realise that there was a slightest flaw in my singing which I should correct next time,” he states.
The singer who had quit his job to pursue his passion for music once is now sure that he would never give up on his talent. Akbar signed off sharing that his biggest wish in life is to become an established Arabic pop singer one day.
- The show has taught me an important life lesson, says Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Keralam evicted contestant Nanda J Devan
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Keralam: Neelima Shiju flaunts her love for co-contestant Swetha Ashok
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Keralam's Ashima Manoj jams with Ralfin Stephen on the sets of the show; see video
- This Kochi-based singer recently won Zee Tamil’s ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa fame Deepayan Sarkar critically injured in car crash
- Sonu Nigam, Hariharan light up Sa Re Ga Ma Pa finale
- Bigg Boss 13: Farah Khan, Karishma Tanna to Enter the House with Special Tasks
- Loose Women star Saira Khan reveals emotional moment her dad broke down in tears
- Must see! Sara Ali Khan's Cinderella moment
- 'Bigg Boss 13' contestant Siddharth Dey: Salman Khan is superhuman!