Video PlayerClose PHNOM PENH, Dec. 8 (Xinhua) — China’s rapid development is a boon not only for the Chinese people, but also for humankind in the world, including the Cambodians, a Cambodian senior diplomat and academics said on Saturday. Speaking at the first Cambodia-China forum on the comprehensive strategic partnership of cooperation held in northwest Cambodia’s Siem Reap province, Chhiv Yiseang, Foreign Ministry secretary of state said China has played a leading role in helping countries around the world develop their economies and societies. “China’s rapid development in all fields has provided a lot of advantages, not only to the Chinese people, but also to the people around the world,” he said, adding that China’s peaceful rise “has also importantly contributed to peace, security, prosperity and development in the region and in the world.” Yiseang hailed China for creating the largest poverty alleviation miracle in human history by lifting up to 700 million people out of poverty since the establishment of People’s Republic of China. “China’s development has also been contributing to socio-economic development in Cambodia and in countries across the region and the world,” the diplomat said. Yiseang, who is also president of the National Institute of Diplomacy and… Read full this story
- Vietnam – China relations developing well - Vietnamese general
- Execution with no farewell spotlights China death penalty
- China is playing hardball on the diplomatic front
- Promoting the struggle for a sustainable and long-term peace in the world
- China replaces Britain in world's top five arms exporters: report
- Analysis: Russia and China in WTO - a world apart
- Climate change directly affecting development: former World Bank VP
- A hard landing in China could 'shake the world'
- China must rebalance economy: World Bank chief
- China to develop DPRK trade zones
Spotlight: China's peaceful development benefits whole world: Cambodian diplomat, academics have 297 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.