Sri Lanka’s cricket team arrived in Pakistan on Monday to play two-test series that will be the first test in Pakistan in over a decade. Sri Lanka was the last team to play a test match in Pakistan in 2009 before the team came under terrorist attack at Lahore and the doors to international cricket were closed on Pakistan. The test series in Pakistan was made possible after Sri Lanka toured three months ago and played an ODI and a Twenty20 series at Karachi and Lahore without any security trouble. Pakistan’s government has promised top-level security, normally reserved for heads of state. The two test matches will be played at Rawalpindi and Karachi.A security force of over 4,000 security, including policemen from Punjab province and the Pakistan Army, will be deployed around the Pindi Cricket Stadium where the first test starts on Wednesday. Karachi will host the second test from Dec. 19-23. Pakistan Cricket Board’s Director of cricket operations Zakir Khan welcomed the Sri Lanka team members at Islamabad International Airport before the team drove to the hotel amid tight security on Monday. Sri Lanka suffered a setback just before the departure from home when fast bowler Suranga Lakmal was… Read full this story
- West Indies vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test Preview: Sri Lanka Aiming To Capitalise On Rare West Indies Visit
- West Indies vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test: Chandimal Denies 'Sweet in Pocket' Charge as Lanka Pile Agony on WI
- West Indies vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test At Daren Sammy Today!
- Ball-Tampering Row: Sri Lanka Captain Dinesh Chandimal Charged With 'Changing Condition Of Ball'
- Sri Lanka Name New Selectors After Government Takes Over Cricket Board
- CJCSC to pay 4-day visit to Sri Lanka
- 2nd Test, Day 1: Ton-Up Dinesh Chandimal Holds Sri Lanka Together Against Windies
- 3rd Test: Sri Lanka Closing In On Victory Over West Indies
- Sri Lanka Legends Mahela Jayawardena, Muttiah Muralitharan Deny Services To Struggling National Team
- 2nd Test: Dinesh Chandimal Denies 'Sweet In Pocket' As Sri Lanka Pile On Runs
Sri Lanka arrives for first test in a decade in Pakistan have 343 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.