BERLIN, Dec. 8 (Xinhua) — Hannah Stevenson of Britain and Germany’s Lukas Nydegger won the first skeleton races of the 2019/20 IBSF Europe Cup on Sunday.
In Winterberg, Germany, Stevenson celebrated her first win in her tenth Europe Cup race. The 26-year-old relegated her teammate Amelia Coltman to second place. Hanna Staub from Germany finished third. Both Coltman and Staub were making their debuts at an IBSF race.
China’s Li Yuxi finished fourth, 0.43 seconds behind Stevenson, followed by Germany’s Josefa Schellmoser.
In the men’s skeleton, due to adverse weather conditions, only the first run was scored. Nydegger won ahead of his teammates Felix Seibel and Martin Rosenberger.
Chinese athletes Hayisaer Asaierhazi and Zhu Zilong finished in 13rd and 16th places respectively.
A total of 60 skeleton athletes competed at Winterberg. The IBSF skeleton Europe Cup will continue on December 14 and 15 in Konigssee, Germany.
- Mikaela Shiffrin’s winning streak in slaloms ends in first women’s World Cup race of 2020
- Mark Reason: How the Black Caps can win the Cricket World Cup final
- Six-time World Champion Dukurs wins tenth Innsbruck victory in Men's Skeleton World Cup
- Vlhova wins 2nd straight World Cup slalom for first time of career
- Defending champion Aaron Gate wins opening stage of New Zealand Cycle Classic
- WTA roundup: Linette fights back to win opener in Hobart
- Holders Saracens begin their defence with heavy defeat by Racing
- Johanna Konta fit for Australian Open but will skip GB duty in Fed Cup
- Meet the NASCAR Cup rookie Class of 2020
- Kyle Busch to compete in Feb. 20 Super Late Model race in Las Vegas