Video PlayerClose BERLIN, Dec. 8 (Xinhua) — Hannah Stevenson of Britain and Germany’s Lukas Nydegger won the first skeleton races of the 2019/20 IBSF Europe Cup on Sunday. In Winterberg, Germany, Stevenson celebrated her first win in her tenth Europe Cup race. The 26-year-old relegated her teammate Amelia Coltman to second place. Hanna Staub from Germany finished third. Both Coltman and Staub were making their debuts at an IBSF race. China’s Li Yuxi finished fourth, 0.43 seconds behind Stevenson, followed by Germany’s Josefa Schellmoser. In the men’s skeleton, due to adverse weather conditions, only the first run was scored. Nydegger won ahead of his teammates Felix Seibel and Martin Rosenberger. Chinese athletes Hayisaer Asaierhazi and Zhu Zilong finished in 13rd and 16th places respectively. A total of 60 skeleton athletes competed at Winterberg. The IBSF skeleton Europe Cup will continue on December 14 and 15 in Konigssee, Germany.
- Concord’s Kyle Brown concludes men’s skeleton World Cup in 14th overall
- Heavy snow in Germany forces World Cup race to be cancelled
- Dining reservations open Wednesday for Saratoga racing season
- Keselowski easily wins Cup race at Martinsville
- Mikaela Shiffrin get wins for the World Cup record book
- Stevenson magazine wins national prize
- Last World Cup race before worlds canceled due to snowfall
- Shiffrin wins as Vonn eyes final race of her career
- World Cup-winning England goalkeeper, who helped England win its only World Cup in 1966, dies at 81
- Presidential candidate Swalwell keeps options open for 2020 House race
Stevenson and Nydegger win opening skeleton Europe Cup races have 247 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.