The year was a case of two halves with the market recording steep declines to property prices and a surge in the number of homes failing to sell in the first six months. Since the triple factor of May’s Federal election result, a cut to interest rates and easier access to lending, the market is now recovering faster than what many expected. MORE: Inner suburbs where buyers are getting good deals Jailed Chinese gambler sells multimillion-dollar mansion Top celebrity moves in the inner west this year “I don’t think anyone at the start of the year would have predicted the turn around that we saw, especially not the pace,” Dib Chidiac of DIB CHIDIAC said. Golfer Craig Parry sold his Abbotsford home sold for $10 million.Source:Supplied Experts 2020 property predictions Experts 2020 property predictions “The start of the year sellers were taking losses on what they had paid in the last two to three years, but now some vendors are even selling for more than what they paid during the boom.” There were a number of records set across the inner west. Property developer John Gobbo set the benchmark for houses, paying $14.25 million for a waterfront Birchgrove home from… Read full this story
- Houses going fast in booming Dayton housing market
- Some eurozone house markets face bubble risks
- Signs point to housing market heating up as home prices stop slowdown in July
- Kittens rescued from house fire in West Palm Beach
- Climate Risk in the Housing Market Has Echoes of Subprime Crisis, Study Finds
- 'Fire sale': Inner west council buildings to be sized up by developers
- Housing market slowdown likely to continue
- Will the hot economy and job market go cold in 2019?
- Lancaster’s CityBlock expands into the residential housing market with launch of The Urban Project
- NY housing market still in recovery mode
Sydney house market: Inner west finishes 2019 as one of Australia’s best markets have 309 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.