Harry HarrisThe rift between Seoul and Washington over North Korea was laid bare Friday after South Korea’s presidential office strongly objected to U.S. Ambassador Harry Harris’s remarks suggesting Seoul get permission from the United States on reopening individual tourism to the North.According to Reuters, Harris told foreign correspondents in Seoul on Thursday that it would be better to run the option of allowing individual tours by South Koreans to North Korea – a plan raised by South Korean President Moon Jae-in in a New Year’s press conference on Tuesday – through a bilateral working group set up by South Korea and the United States in 2018 to iron out differences on North Korea policy, lest it cause a misunderstanding between the allies “that could trigger sanctions.” A Blue House official Friday said that while South Korea was “always working in close cooperation with the United States,” the U.S. ambassador’s comments to the press about Moon’s remarks were “highly inappropriate.” Inter-Korean cooperation “is a matter to be decided by the [South Korean] government,” the official said. Moon referred to individual tourism to North Korea publicly for the first time on Tuesday as one way Seoul could energize relations with Pyongyang while… Read full this story
- Millwall boss Harris sees red at Middlesbrough
- Firefighters called to house fire in the River Oaks
- Oscars: Neil Patrick Harris Hints Chris Rock Can Speak His Mind
- Barbed Ire
- Big Ideas: Fancy Vents Add Style to Function
- Harris throws 4 TDs as Duke routs Middle Tennessee 41-18
- Washington Redskins' Racist Name Earns Ire Of 50 Senators
- Harris accounts for 5 TDs as Duke rolls to victory
- Hate Donald Trump? Here Are Some Games To Vent Your Hatred And Anger!
- Neil Patrick Harris Doubts Hosting Another Oscar
Blue House vents ire at Harris have 297 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.