On Monday night, director Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite” was nominated for six Academy Awards – Best Picture, Best International Feature Film, Directing, Production Design, Film Editing and Original Screenplay. Above, the cast of the film. [NEON]Director Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite” continues to rewrite the history of Korean cinema after being nominated for six Academy Awards on Monday evening. Maybe the news of the nomination was hinted when John Cho, a Korean-American actor, was one of the presenters announcing the nominees – and pronouncing the Korean names correctly – at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California. Whether or not it was intentional, “Parasite” was called out last in all six categories it was nominated for: Best Picture, Best International Feature Film, Production Design, Directing, Film Editing and Original Screenplay, keeping those tuning in to the livestream in Korea at the edge of their seats. “I feel it’s like ‘Inception,’” Bong told American media outlet Deadline on Monday. “Soon I’m going to wake up and realize this was all a dream, I’m still in the middle of ‘Parasite’ and all the equipment is malfunctioning […] But right now, everything is great and I’m so happy.” “Parasite,” a suspenseful tragicomedy shedding light on… Read full this story
- Bong Joon Ho and 'Parasite' are coming for you
- The Old Man & the Gun review: 'Redford deserves another Oscar nomination for this winningly evocative film'
- Bong Joon Ho and ‘Parasite’ are coming for you
- Bong Joon-Ho on Violence in Film and the Influences Behind Parasite
- Pensioner injured in hit-and-run involving lorry
- Two teenage boys held over hit-and-run crash that left boy, 3, fighting for life
- Two teenagers arrested after hit-and-run collision leaves boy, three, critical
- Teenager held after woman injured in hit-and-run
- Boy (16) arrested in connection with hit-and-run
- Man arrested for Ocean County hit-and-run that killed 15-year-old boy
‘Parasite’ secures Korea’s first Oscar nominations: Bong Joon-ho’s hit film is in the running for a total of six awards on February 9 have 308 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.