North Korean defector, Yoo Hyeok, 19, talks about his dream to be an actor during an interview with the JoongAng Ilbo at the Settlement Support Center for North Korean Refugees, more commonly known as Hanawon, in Anseong, Gyeonggi. [JANG JIN-YOUNG]Yoo Hyeok is a young North Korean defector whose dream is to become an actor that brings a smile to his audience’s faces. Nineteen-year-old Yoo, who defected from North Korea in 2013, recently graduated from Yeomyung School — which educates young defectors and children of defectors — in Seoul, and in March he’s set to begin the next chapter in his life and the take the first step toward reaching his dream when he begins taking classes at the Seoul Institute of the Arts in Ansan, Gyeonggi.“To enroll at the Seoul Institute of the Arts’ School of Performance, I had to perform on many different stages. I felt happiness when people laughed and clapped at my acting,” said Yoo. Yoo, who was born in 2000 in Kyongsong, North Hamgyong Province, has been the main provider for his family since he was just nine years old. “Because my parents got divorced when I was very young, I never felt my mother’s maternal… Read full this story
- In the age of COVID-19, fashion designers trade the runway for the silver screen
- Maharaja in Denims to strut the silver screen
- Hip-hop hooray! BRIAN VINER reviews hit musical Hamilton as it comes to the small screen... but the Broadway show loses something in translation
- Celebrity Show-Off: NeNe Leakes takes the lead and launches dream television channel on TBS show
- Books to screen: 2020’s films and TV shows inspired by popular books
- Vietnamese youth thrilled by virtual K-pop show Dream Concert CONNECT
- Website where middle-class girls sell their bodies: 'OnlyFans' lets young women make a small fortune by posting pornographic videos for subscribers. They boast they're in charge and it's their choice... but do they know the real cost?
- Linda Lavin And Nicky Silver In ‘The Lyons’ Den
- Chief: Silver Lake Trader Joe’s Manager Was Killed by LAPD Gunfire
- London 2012: 'Gutted' Hannah Mills and Saskia Clark take sailing silver
Young defector dreams of being on the silver screen have 358 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.