Quang Ninh (VNA) – Mong Cai city in the northeastern province of Quang Ninh has basically completed preparations to resume trade through the Mong Cai International border gate, after a suspension due to the outbreak of the acute respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
This is in line with the Prime Minister's directive on ensuring normal import and export activities and cross-border trade .
Accordingly, vehicles transporting goods from China to Vietnam and vice versa will be sterilised by an automatic system, while the drivers will undergo strict medical examination and be fully equipped with medical masks and protective suits. Meanwhile, porters will be strictly managed and quarantined, as well as armed with protective gear.
Earlier, authorities of Mong Cai and its Chinese neighbour Dongxing city discussed plans to resume trade through the Mong Cai-Dongxing pair of border gates, with specific time of resumption to be announced later.
Mong Cai city will join hands with competent agencies to remove bottlenecks and support local import-export enterprises, and seek measures to improve handling capacity to reduce waiting time for Chinese drivers in Vietnam. Besides, it has worked to study the market to connect local enterprises and prepare commodities for export right after the resumption.
Report from the city showed that prevention and control of the COVID-19 has been carried out comprehensively and drastically. Medical examination and sterilisation has been implemented across the city and COVID-19 quarantine sites arranged for the suspected cases./.
- Covid-19 vaccination launched for residents in border areas
- Covid-19 case just 15km from Queensland border: New restrictions in NSW
- Covid-19 fears after hundreds of migrants infected, Thai Army says they can’t stop border breaches
- Russia, Bangladesh Report One-Day COVID-19 Records
- Over 1 million tonnes of goods channelled through Quang Ninh’s Mong Cai border gate
- Timeline: From KTV lounges switching to F&B outlets, to a spike in local COVID-19 cases
- Residents in border areas of Lai Châu Province get Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine
- 5 new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections in Singapore, including 2 unlinked
- Vietnam economic recovery stays positive despite worst Covid-19 wave yet
- How COVID-19 has impacted everyday life in America
- The Big Read: Saved by COVID-19 jobs, thousands now have to mull their future as Singapore looks to exit crisis
- Singapore intends to donate its COVID-19 vaccines under COVAX initiative to other countries: PM Lee
- Ski, Party, Seed a Pandemic: The Travel Rules That Let Covid-19 Take Flight
- PM Lee's speech in full: Covid-19 testing, contact tracing and vaccinations to be ramped up
- Vietnam should tap silver linings to reach next level amid COVID-19: ex-WB country director
- Texas Border City Struggles with COVID-19 Outbreak at Migrant Shelter
- 25 Days That Changed the World: How Covid-19 Slipped China’s Grasp
- Queensland's COVID-19 restrictions on track to ease as meetings held on NSW border closure
- World leaders at APEC meeting pledge to redouble COVID-19 pandemic fight
- Southern localities adopt social distancing to contain Covid-19
COVID-19: Mong Cai completes preparations to resume border trade have 479 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.