“Honest Candidate,” a comedy starring actor Ra Mi-ran, topped the box office during another weekend of sluggish ticket sales at local cinemas. Despite low ticket sales due to the coronavirus outbreak, theater chains celebrated the big win for “Parasite” at this year’s Academy Awards by re-releasing the film over the weekend. [NEXT ENTERTAINMENT WORLD]After a few slow weeks at local cinemas, the news of “Parasite” taking home four Oscars, including Best Picture, was a bright spot last week for the Korean film industry, which has struggled to attract moviegoers amid coronavirus concerns.Local comedy “Honest Candidate” debuted atop the box office over the weekend, attracting 677,000 people to 1,179 screenings across the country. The film marks popular actor Ra Mi-ran’s first lead role since starring in “Miss & Mrs. Cops” last May. Ra portrays the ambitious and crafty politician Joo Sang-sook who is one day struck with a spell that forces her to only speak the truth. Her troubles begin when she cannot keep the promises she makes while running for a seat in the National Assembly. The highly-anticipated “Little Women” also arrived in local theaters last week, selling 313,000 tickets to 1,099 screenings over the weekend. Adapted from the much-beloved… Read full this story
- Box office numbers don't influence my decision as actor: Aamir Khan
- ‘Honey Boy’ Opens Sweet And Strong, ‘The Kingmaker’ Debuts Solid – Specialty Box Office
- Can Baywatch Beat Pirates 5 at the Memorial Day Box Office?
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Makes The Rockin’ World Go Round With $123M Global Weekend – International Box Office
- Boo! A Madea Halloween Beats Jack Reacher 2 at the Weekend Box Office
- Angel Has Fallen Takes Aim at Good Boys, But Ready or Not May Pull Box Office Surprise
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Doesn’t Find Salvation Overseas; ‘Joker’ Jumps To $934M WW As It Seriously Eyes $1B – International Box Office
- Will Goosebumps Scare Up Big Box Office This Halloween Season?
- Can Jack Reacher 2 Take Out The Accountant at the Box Office?
- Angel Has Fallen Soars to the Top of the Box Office with $21.2 Million
[Korean Box Office] Audiences cast their votes for ‘Honest Candidate’: Comedy starring actor Ra Mi-ran tells story of politician who can’t lie have 345 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.