Lee-Kil Bora [CINEMADAL]The engine that drives director Lee-Kil Bora to start a new film always seems to be her family: Her debut documentary “Glittering Hands” was about her parents’ language and the hearing-impaired community. In her second film “Untold,” which comes out today, the director interviews three victims of the Vietnam War who are living proof that ordinary Vietnamese were in fact massacred by Korean soldiers. However, her voyage into the Vietnam War started with her grandfather, who was a proud veteran of the war. That’s how the director remembers him growing up, but she was shocked to find out that there were actual massacres carried out by Korean soldiers. “How can these two very different memories exist at the same time, I wondered,” the filmmaker said during a recent interview with the Korea JoongAng Daily at a cafe in Mok-dong, western Seoul. The film is based on interviews with three victims – Nguyen Thi Thanh, Nguyen Lap and Dinh Cam – and also follows Nguyen Thi Thanh’s visits to Korea to meet with the so-called comfort women victims in 2015 and to attend the People’s Tribunal on War Crimes by South Korean Troops during the Vietnam War as a… Read full this story
- Why I won't be seeing Woody Allen's new film
- Shia LaBeouf's new film makes £7 at UK box office, as Beauty and the Beast holds sway
- The new film 'RBG' reveals how Ruth Bader Ginsburg became a meme — and why that's so surprising
- Zac Efron To Play Ted Bundy In New Film
- Terrorist Hero Of New Film
- The Grand Budapest Hotel review – Wes Anderson's new film is a 'deeply pleasurable immersion'
- Parkland Students Quietly Share Stories to Process Trauma: 'I've Just Got to Push Through'
- New Film Highlights Jazz Trumpeter Clark Terry’s Role as Teacher and Mentor
- Billboard for McAlester-area murder victims inspired by Oscar-winning film
- Victims, Families React to New Charges Against Child Rapist
Listening to unheard voices of a brutal massacre: Victims of attack share their stories in new film ‘Untold’ have 323 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.