Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) — A new model of a China-developed short-haul aircraft will make its maiden flight in the second half of this year, according to the manufacturer. Manufacturing of the Xinzhou-700 has resumed at a research base in Xi’an, capital of northwest China’s Shaanxi Province, amid the coronavirus outbreak, said the manufacturer Xi’an Aircraft Industry Company (XAC) of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China. The turboprop aircraft is a new-generation regional jet, notable for its more effective body design and advanced technology, capable of carrying up to 70 passengers. “We are simultaneously conducting the assembly of two Xinzhou-700,” said Yang Guorong, the chief manufacturing engineer for the project. “The aircraft that will be used in the maiden flight is in the final stages of assembly.” A total of 285 orders have been received for the Xinzhou-700 from 11 domestic and foreign airlines. The XAC started developing the Xinzhou-700 in 2013 with the aim of claiming a larger share of the global market.
- New model of high-speed inter-city trains operational in Central China
- Volkswagen dealer in Las Vegas Informs Crossover SUV Shoppers with New Model Research Pages
- Spot the difference! MAFS' Martha Kalifatidis debuts her new dark hair after vowing to 'not start 2020 as a brunette' and spending SEVEN hours in a salon
- Herman Cook Volkswagen Gears Up for 2020 Model Year by Adding New Model Research Tools to Its Website
- Boucher Volkswagen of Franklin Gears Up for 2020 Model Year by Adding New Model Research Tools to Its Website
- HCM City gears up to host debut Tet Festival 2020
- Volkswagen To Launch 34 New Models In 2020 Worldwide
- New auto launches to light up January; 3 electric vehicles, 4 all new models lined up
- New Year's Eve 2019 LIVE: Millions welcome 2020 with spectacular fireworks
- New Texas laws that go into effect in 2020 — and how they might affect you
New model of China-made regional jet to debut in 2nd half of 2020 have 305 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.