Video PlayerClose U.S. President Donald Trump attends a press conference in the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, on Feb. 26, 2020. U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday appointed Vice President Mike Pence to oversee the country’s response to the novel coronavirus outbreak. (Xinhua/Liu Jie) WASHINGTON, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) — U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday appointed Vice President Mike Pence to oversee the country’s response to the novel coronavirus outbreak. “I’m going to be announcing exactly right now that I’m going to be putting our Vice President Mike Pence in charge,” Trump said at the White House briefing room, citing Pence’s experience with health care policy. Trump said the virus’s threat to the U.S. public “remains very low,” but the country is “very, very ready” for whatever the coronavirus threat brings. Trump denied the community spread is “inevitable,” while admitting that it could be “at a larger level.” He said the country’s is “ready to adapt” and “ready to do whatever we have to as the disease spreads, if it spreads.” Trump said at the press conference that China is “working hard and smart” in fighting the COVID-19 outbreak and the United States also has a plan… Read full this story
- Mrs. Trump, Mrs. Pence survey military’s emergency response
- Trump attacks Pence aide who called Ukraine call 'inappropriate'
- Poll: Biden and Warren both beat Trump and Pence in Florida
- She inflated her resume and peddled a fake Time cover. Trump appointed her to the State Department.
- Trump assails Pence aide who testified in impeachment probe
- Trump-appointed State Department official embellished her resume, made fake Time cover: report
- 'You know, they love me in the Netherlands': President Trump's tone deaf response when reading about the Dutch's role in growing the global slave trade during a tour of the African American History Museum in 2017
- Trump attacks Pence aide who said Ukraine call was 'unusual and inappropriate'
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Who's Worse, Trump or Pence?
- Donald Trump Appointing Bill Belichick to Fitness Council
Trump appoints Pence to oversee U.S. response to COVID-19 outbreak have 349 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.