Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) — President Xi Jinping has encouraged medical students of Tibet University to develop strong skills and serve the people at the primary level ahead of the Tibetan New Year. Xi, also general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission, made the remarks Friday when answering a letter from 17 students who are interning at Peking University Shougang Hospital in Beijing. He also extended festive greetings and best wishes to the students as well as the people of all ethnic groups living in Tibetan areas. Xi said that he was very gratified to learn that the 17 students have not only improved their basic clinical skills but also strengthened their belief in devoting themselves to Tibet’s medical and health undertakings during their internship in Beijing. In the ongoing fight against the novel coronavirus, medical workers from military and local hospitals are fighting fearlessly on the frontline and have exemplified angels in white’s lofty spirit of healing the wounded and rescuing the dying with their actions. “I believe you will follow their example and strive to become good doctors trusted by the Party and the people,” said… Read full this story
- British Medical Association 'tells medical students to NOT volunteer on NHS wards to fight coronavirus until the Government draws up a national contract on pay, holiday and pension'
- Medical students take final exams online for first time, despite student concern
- All Fourth-Year Medical Students in Massachusetts Will Graduate Early to Help in the Coronavirus Fight
- I'm a final-year medical student being rushed to the frontline. I'm nervous – but I'm ready
- Northeast eyes retired doctors, medical students to tackle COVID-19
- To Fight The Coronavirus, Massachusetts Medical Schools Are Graduating Students Early
- 'It's a nightmare': how coronavirus is wreaking havoc on students' exams
- Coronavirus | HC asks Centre to explain steps taken for evacuation of 580 Indian students from Bangladesh
- Postgraduate students urge funders to extend grants over coronavirus
- Medical schools in US mull early graduation to meet growing demand for medicos in COVID-19 fight
Xi replies to letter from medical students of Tibet University have 347 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 23, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.