MANILA, Philippines — A member of the League of Filipino Students (LFS) was arrested after a clash during a rally dispersal in front of the United States Embassy in Manila on Thursday morning.
Members of the League of Filipino Students vandalized the facade of the US Embassy during a lightning rally in Manila Thursday morning. (Photo courtesy of MPD)
The Manila Police District (MPD) said the 17-year-old protester was among the around 50 LFS members who pretended to be joggers and passersby and suddenly staged a rally in front of the main gate of the embassy at about 4:50 a.m.
Officers of the MPD District Mobile Force Battalion who were at the area blocked the protesters, while additional police personnel immediately responded.
At about 5:10 a.m., the protesters vandalized the embassy's facade, police said.
The protesters were dispersed at around 5:15 a.m.
The activist, whom the police described in its report as a "suspect," will be brought at the MPD headquarters after undergoing medical examination at the Ospital ng Maynila.
INQUIRER.net is still seeking comment from LFS as of posting time.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- High-Profile Activists Arrested at Protest
- Activists’ arrests: Another example of intolerance?
- More Than 80 Activists Arrested at the Senate While Demanding a Clean DREAM Act
- Watch: Trump Supporters Attack Black Activist at Ala. Rally
- Over 60 Climate Change Activists Arrested In NYC 'Die-In'
- Immigration Activists Arrested After Staging a Shutdown of an ICE Detention Center in Boston
- Immigration Activists Stage Mass D.C. Protest to Demand Congress Fulfill Its DREAM Act Promises
- Pam Anderson Blasts Trump, Britain after Julian Assange's Arrest in UK
- Corey Long, the Black Man Wielding a Flamethrower to Protect Another Man in Charlottesville, Va., Is Arrested
- Chicago Activists Push for Reparations for Victims of Police Torture
Youth activist arrested at US Embassy rally have 290 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.