Video PlayerClose NANJING, March 31 (Xinhua) — Italian companies in China are getting their businesses back on track as the coronavirus outbreak has been subdued, which, in businessmen’s eyes, injects confidence into the European country’s fight against the pandemic. “Although the automotive business in China is still in low demand, we predict it will come back to normal in June,” said Federico Bonotto, president of FAIST China, an Italian company focusing on auto parts production. FAIST China has two plants in Suzhou in east China’s Jiangsu Province, which resumed production in February after the extended Spring Festival holiday due to the novel coronavirus outbreak. “Now all of our 1,000 employees in Suzhou have returned to work,” said Bonotto, adding that the city government has adopted a slew of supportive measures including reducing utility fees and providing financial subsidies to help them resume production. “The Chinese government has done an excellent job to control the outbreak,” he said. “I’m sure after this hard period, we will have more positive opportunities and achieve rapid business growth in the Chinese market.” Meanwhile, Italian firm Omet (Suzhou) Mechanical Technology Co. has also reopened recently to manufacture elevator components and label printing machines. Fabio Valle,… Read full this story
- Tigers’ rally falls short, but inspires confidence
- FanDuel: Operations will continue amid talks with NY lawman
- Packers’ Rodgers trying to remain confident amid offense’s struggles
- PGA Tour part of new tour in China
- The Latest: Panama law firm helped company tied to Mugabe
- With GM slots set to open, MLB focused on diversity in searches
- Meet Xu Shilin: Is ‘Coco’ China’s next Li Na?
- Ex-AC Milan star targeted in Italian match-fixing
- The Latest on US Open: Italian Premier Renzi watches final
- More than 50 arrested or detained in Italian match-fixing probe
China Focus: Italian firms resume China operations, inspiring confidence amid pandemic have 301 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.