Elon Musks says he’s prepared to provide ventilators to hospitals struggling to treat people infected with novel coronavirus.
In a tweet, the billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla said that he would provide the ‘FDA approve’ ventilators to hospitals for free, following up on a promise made earlier this month.
‘We have extra FDA-approved ventilators. Will ship to hospitals worldwide within Tesla delivery regions. Device & shipping cost are free. Only requirement is that the vents are needed immediately for patients, not stored in a warehouse. Please [let] me or @Tesla know,’ wrote Musk in a tweet.
As of Tuesday afternoon, confirmed cases of coronavirus in the US approached nearly 182,000 while deaths climbed to 3,699.
The move comes a little more than two weeks after Musk offered to help produce more ventilators if the US runs out.
The CEO of SpaceX previously told his Twitter followers that ‘if there is a shortage’ he would step in to make ventilators for patients in intensive care who are struggling to stave off COVID-19.
‘We will make ventilators if there is a shortage,’ Musk tweeted in response to a fan’s suggestion the billionaire should repurpose his factory for the task.
General Motors and Ford say they are also prepared to help manufacture ventilators as the US faces shortages.
Musk has been already delivered more than 1,000 ventilators to a California hospital to help with the treatment of patients with COVID-19.
Additionally, Tesla delivered 50,000 face masks to the Seattle home of a University of Washington physician to help protect healthcare workers as they grapple with the shortages of personal protective equipment.
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk (pictured) has directed the aerospace company to begin making face shields and hand sanitizer to bolster supplies for medical workers
The aid comes after Musk downplayed the severity of the coronavirus on Twitter calling panic over the pandemic ‘dumb.’
In addition to providing ventilators, SpaceX has started to make its own face shields and hand sanitizer and donate them to hospitals in California.
Unlike respirator masks, shields cover the whole face from the top down in a suspended layer of plastic.
The company also reportedly donated 100 ‘tyvek’ protective suits to medical workers there and is currently working on making hand sanitizer that ‘complies with CDC guidelines and is effective at killing the COVID-19 coronavirus,’ according to CNBC.
- Elon Musk Criticizes Coronavirus Stay-At-Home Orders, Calling Them ‘Fascist’
- Elon Musk blasts YouTube for banning Californian doctors' video that claimed physicians are being pressurized into putting Coronavirus on death certificates and urged an end to shutdowns
- Elon Musk criticizes coronavirus stay-at-home orders, calling them 'fascist'
- Elon Musk goes on bizarre Twitter rant that sends Tesla shares tumbling after he boasts his company's stock is 'too high' and pledges to 'sell of his physical possessions' before reciting the Star Spangled Banner
- REVEALED: Elon Musk's Twitter meltdown caused Tesla's value to tank by $14 BILLION and cost him $3 billion in personal wealth - as he hints his lawyers did NOT vet claims on stock prices as part of his SEC deal
- Elon Musk launches into expletive-laden rant, calling quarantine measures 'fascist'
- Google searches for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine surged by more than 1,000% after endorsements from Trump and Elon Musk as Americans raced to buy unproven drugs touted for treating coronavirus
- The Kink in Elon Musk’s Hyperloop
- In Silicon Valley, Elon Musk mobilizes a small army of tech elites behind reopening society
- Workers: Building Teslas for Elon Musk Is Hell
- Elon Musk doubles down after vulgar criticism of coronavirus lockdowns
- 'Move On': Elon Musk Cuts Into NASA Conference Call During Question About His COVID-19 Lockdown Views
- Trump hails coronavirus breakthrough as remdesivir becomes first FDA-approved treatment with 1M doses on way
- Tesla's Elon Musk calling coronavirus lockdowns 'fascist' overshadows profitable quarter
- Tesla boss Elon Musk slams ‘fascist’ coronavirus restrictions
- 'Superspreader city' London faces total lockdown in DAYS as Boris Johnson says he 'rules nothing out' and 20,000 troops are put on standby to enforce new laws - after UK's daily death rate DOUBLED to 33 in 24 hours
- Tesla, other carmakers could repurpose factories to build ventilators
- A ventilator developed by NASA has been approved by the FDA for coronavirus patients
- Coronavirus live updates: LA to test everyone for free
- Coronavirus live updates: Newsom to announce closure of all state beaches, parks, report says
Elon Musks says he's ready to provide 'FDA approved' ventilators for free to hospitals within Tesla's delivery range if they're put to use immediately have 833 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.