In his first Mann ki Baat address to the nation after the announcement of 21-day nationwide lockdown on March 24, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday (March 29) apologised to the people of the country for the imposition of lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus COVID-19. The prime minister said that he was aware of the fact that poor were angry with him, but he had no choice other than calling for the lockdown in order to defeat coronavirus. “I had no choice but to make these decisions to fight the coronavirus… no one wants to take these decisions but if you look at the world, you need to take these decisions,” he said. “Many people must be angry at me for imposing the lockdown, I understand your problems. The fight with corona is a fight between life and death and we have to win it,” added the prime minister. PM Modi also urged the people of the country to show courage and resolve and follow “Lakshman Rekha” for several days more. The prime minister noted that the fight against the deadly virus is tough and it required tough actions to keep millions of Indians safe. “The battle against… Read full this story
- PM Modi condemns attack in Afghanistan, Sushma Swaraj to meet grieving families
- Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao set to meet PM Modi on Friday
- Will see whether interests fully being accommodated in RCEP: PM Modi
- Jharkhand lynching pained me, Muzaffarpur’s AES deaths matter of shame: PM Modi
- PM Modi arrives in Bangkok on three-day visit amid focus on RCEP negotiations
- PM Modi to embark on a 3-day Thailand visit today for Asean-related summits
- 'Metro Man' Sreedharan requests PM Modi not to agree to Delhi govt's free travel scheme for women
- Dia Mirza asks Akshay Kumar: Why no women in Bollywood delegation to meet PM Modi?
- PM Modi gifts Ladakhi woollen khadi stole, Ratnam pen to Angela Merkel
- Indian PM Modi leaves for Thailand for ASEAN-India, East Asia & RCEP summits
Lockdown only way to fight coronavirus COVID-19, people must show courage: PM Modi have 336 words, post on zeenews.india.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.