A railway policeman guides a person who flew into Korea from abroad to a seat in a KTX car designated for new arrivals at Gwangmyeong Station in Gyeonggi on Sunday. From April 1, it is mandatory for both Koreans and foreigners who come to Korea from abroad to self-quarantine for two weeks. A few visa categories will be exempt from the isolation order. [YONHAP]Starting Wednesday, almost everyone entering Korea will be required to self-isolate for two weeks, the incubation period of the new coronavirus. Limited exceptions are being made for a few specific visa categories. Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun said the new measures will be imposed on both Korean and non-Korean nationals landing in the country from anywhere else in the world, regardless of how long they intend to stay. For those who don’t have accommodations available to them, the prime minister said they will be held in government-run facilities at their own expense.The Korean government “strengthened quarantine measures for arrivals from Europe and the United States, but we need to implement additional measures considering the unprecedentedly steep global infection rate” of the coronavirus, Chung said in a meeting of the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters, the Korean government’s… Read full this story
- Why isn't Mike Pence self-quarantining?
- Boris Govt Won’t Require Quarantines for Airport Arrivals Until June
- Some Hawaii tourists being arrested for not self-quarantining during coronavirus outbreak
- With robots serving meals & ghostly figures in hazmat suits, quarantine in China looks like a scene from sci-fi horror film
- All arrivals to Britain 'will be quarantined for TWO WEEKS and face £1,000 fines if they break rules which will be enforced by inspectors' under Boris' lockdown exit plan
- Britain to introduce two-week quarantine for arrivals: reports
- Britain to quarantine travellers for 14 days, UK airlines association says
- U.K. plans 14-day compulsory quarantine for all airport arrivals
- Coronavirus live updates: Fauci and CDC, FDA directors self-isolating after exposure at White House
- British Airways owner's boss Willie Walsh says airline will not restart flying if UK arrivals are quarantined for two weeks as business chiefs fear lockdown plan will 'kill off' aviation industry
Most arrivals are required to self-quarantine have 359 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.