Video PlayerClose NAIROBI, March 28 (Xinhua) — Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge has called on athletes worldwide to be careful and remain healthy to defeat the coronavirus pandemic. The sports industry had lost billions of dollars since the coronavirus pandemic struck with hundreds of races cancelled or postponed. Kipchoge has himself seen his training go down the drain as he was scheduled to compete in London marathon on April 26 and the Tokyo Olympics, which have both been postponed. Now, Kipchoge has retreated to his home in Eldoret, after his training camp in Kaptagat was closed down by the Kenyan government. “We closed camp and I have been training individually, which required that I reduce my workload, and at the same time keep fit and focused on the next period of time after the virus has been contained,” Kipchoge told reporters. With no competition and prospects of making an income, Kipchoge has not given up but looks at it as another chance to redeem himself. He said that what matters to him now is his own safety and that of his family. “Of course this is a global problem. We must fight it. But what is crucial now is the… Read full this story
- From collagen supplements to highlighter on her Cupid's bow: Miss Universe Australia shares her beauty secrets - and how she stays healthy while travelling full time
- Personal trainer who made David Beckham 'bendy' reveals her four rules for drinking alcohol AND staying healthy
- Health insurance cos pay you to stay healthy!
- Six ways to stay healthy when you're stressed
- ‘Flying doctor’ reveals how to stay healthy and safe on holiday
- Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- Chocolate Helps Heart Stay Healthy
- Intimate wash for women: Maintain the right pH levels & stay healthy
- Add these foods to your keto diet plan and stay healthy!
- Have a bath with the window open to stay healthy, new advice says
Staying healthy is important at the moment, not sports, says Kipchoge have 326 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.