Passengers on a flight to Japan line up at check-in kiosks at Incheon International Airport Thursday ahead of a Japanese entry ban on travelers from Korea set to take effect today and last to the end of this month. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced Wednesday an entry ban on foreigners coming from 49 countries and territories, also including China and the United States, to tighten coronavirus quarantine measures. Seoul expressed regret for Tokyo’s decision and called for Japan to allow essential visits by businesspeople. [YONHAP]Starting today, all Koreans and foreigners arriving from overseas who intend to stay in Seoul will be required to be tested for the coronavirus even if they have no symptoms.Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon announced in a press conference at Seoul City Hall Thursday morning that anyone who plans to stay in the capital after arriving from a foreign country will have to be tested at the airport, their local community health center or a makeshift testing center that will be set up at the Seoul Sports Complex in Songpa District, southern Seoul.People who feel symptoms of the coronavirus will be tested at the airport. Those who don’t feel symptoms will be required to be tested… Read full this story
- North Korea goes ahead with Seoul visit after Olympics deal
- A mother was diagnosed with a deadly rodent-borne virus, family says. Months later, she died.
- North Korea tests Trump with offer
- Big move! North Korea promises of no more nuclear or missile tests – what is good and bad about it
- Trillions Upon Trillions of Viruses Fall From the Sky Each Day
- North Korea, setting stage for talks, suspends nuclear, missile testing
- Ahead of summit with South, US, North Korea suspends nuclear, missile tests
- North Korea says it has suspended nuclear, missile tests ahead of talks with US
- Missile, nuclear testing suspended by North Korea
- North Korea to shut nuclear test site in May
Arrivals who stay in Seoul must get tested for virus have 325 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.