From left: Chung Jae-won poses with an overall third-place trophy in Mokdong, western Seoul, on March 16. Chung reacts after winning the men’s mass start race at the ISU World Cup Speed Skating Final in Heerenveen in the Netherlands on March 8. [KIM SUNG-RYONG, XINHUA/YONHAP]Born on June 21, 2001, Chung Jae-won made headlines at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics by becoming the youngest Korean speed skater to win a medal at the Games. He was just 16, and the victory also earned him an exemption from serving his mandatory military service. In the team pursuit event at PyeongChang, Team Korea – which comprised of Chung, Lee Seung-hoon and Kim Min-seok – won silver. At the time, Chung was the youngest speed skater on the Korean national team after joining just five months prior to the Winter Olympics. Along with age, he also made headlines for helping his fellow teammate Lee Seung-hoon win gold in the men’s mass start race at PyeongChang. In the speed skating mass start race, where all the skaters race 16 laps at the same time, Chung set the pace for Lee so Lee could save his energy until the end to make his final spurt for… Read full this story
- Peterborough United and Portsmouth the early pace setters in League One after a night of action and managerial rants
- Dangerous driver jailed for eight months after speeding past officer at 98mph
- Moon Jae-in prepares for make or break summit with Kim Jong-un
- The balloon runners setting the pace
- Natalie’s ready to set the pace
- Smart Jaguar E-Pace’s just off pace with weighty issue
- The world’s fastest SUV has been revealed as Lister amps up the Jaguar F-Pace to roar at 200mph
- When is the Nobel Peace Prize 2018 announced, who are the past winners and what are the latest odds?
- Fashion Unzipped podcast: Alexa Chung joins us for a London Fashion Week debrief
- Eden Hazard dazzles as Chelsea ease past Saints
Chung Jae-won speeds past being a pace setter have 326 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.