Video PlayerClose WASHINGTON, April 25 (Xinhua) — “Don’t defend Trump, other than the China Travel Ban — attack China,” a detailed memo sent by the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) to GOP campaigns has advised, urging Republican candidates to address the COVID-19 pandemic by aggressively attacking China. The 57-page strategy document, obtained by Politico on Friday, includes advice on everything from how to tie Democratic candidates to the Chinese government to how to deal with accusations of racism, according to a Politico report. “What a playbook. Have a look!” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying tweeted in response later on Friday. The memo is focused on three main lines of assault: That China caused the virus “by covering it up,” that Democrats are “soft on China,” and that Republicans will “push for sanctions on China for its role in spreading this pandemic,” Politico summarized. The memo also advises Republican candidates to blame the Chinese government when President Donald Trump is questioned over his handling of the pandemic and to reject claims that calling COVID-19 the “Chinese virus” is racist. “The memo should be titled ‘The Blame Game for Dummies'”, a person called John Mac Cormack commented online. “This is the… Read full this story
- Controversial GOP candidate defends calling Mitch McConnell's father-in-law a 'wealthy Chinaperson' and says he does not think it was racist
- Anti-Maoist strategy: Gadchiroli police to ensure loans for farmers at their doorstep
- Photos: Hong Kong Nearly Doubles Anti-China Protest Size to 2 Million, Largest in History
- Republicans disavow GOP candidate who said 'we should hang' Omar
- NBCUniversal to Unveil Peacock Streaming Strategy at Investor Meeting
- Chinese embassy in Portugal refutes Pompeo's anti-China allegations
- House Republicans Cut Ties With GOP Candidate Who Said Ilhan Omar Should Be Hanged
- How Did GOP Candidates Woo Voters at Today’s Ames Straw Poll?
- GOP candidate Sean Parnell: Voters in swing Pennsylvania district 'energized' against impeachment
- China Has Been Running Global Influence Campaigns for Years
Republican memo unveils anti-China strategy for GOP candidates over COVID-19 have 325 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.