Katia Ameri found herself single and bored amid America’s coronavirus lockdown, so she decided to take matters into her own hands. The 28-year-old entrepreneur from San Francisco, California, became a “bachelorette” on a three-hour virtual dating show that was hosted over Zoom, where 12 guys vied for her attention and affection. She is no longer single, and has even since gotten engaged to one of the contestants — though they have yet to meet face-to-face. RELATED: Follow our live coronavirus updates here RELATED: Singapore slammed for ‘cruel and inhumane’ death sentence on Zoom It wasn’t an easy journey, but yes, I have a zoom fiancé people! 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 https://t.co/VNTleZvPje— Katia Ameri (@KatiaAmeri) May 3, 2020 On May 6, after three hours of flirting and playing games, Ms Ameri got “engaged” to Ronak “Ro” Trivedi — and it was all live-streamed on Zoom. Ms Ameri was the first “Zoom Bachelorette” — a twist on “The Bachelorette” franchise for the quarantine times. There were one-on-one dates, group dates, cocktail hours and fights between contestants as they tried to impress her. During the three hours, in front of a series of Zoom backgrounds, the suitors did everything from making homemade pizza to exercising their… Read full this story
- Was Tamil Nadu Raj Bhavan's legal opinion on Governor's direct meetings with officials right?
- Harvey Weinstein could face life in prison as more charges filed in New York
- In this election year, join us in a conversation about issues facing Missouri
- Trump Pledges to End War Games With Ally South Korea After Meeting Kim, Calls it 'Financial' Decision
- Denmark bans full-face burqa, niqab in public spaces; new rule will take effect on August 1
- Legal pimp for Nevada lawmaker? He faces anti-brothel effort
- Mom facing new charges after baby's body found in field after claim of abduction
- Here's what happened to the Love Island couples after the show
- Japanese couple attacked in Honolulu face $50,000 in medical costs
- Celebrity couples that got married in secret
Coronavirus: Couple engaged over Zoom, without ever meeting face-to-face have 329 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 24, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.