Floyd died after being arrested on suspicion of using a counterfeit bill at a store. After being handcuffed and pinned to the ground, a white officer pressed his knee into his neck for several minutes as he pleaded for air. “This shouldn’t be ‘normal’ in 2020 America. It can’t be ‘normal’. If we want our children to grow up in a nation that lives up to its highest ideals, we can and must be better,” former US president Barack Obama wrote in a statement on Twitter on Friday. His wife, former first lady Michelle Obama, also weighed in: “I’m exhausted by a heartbreak that never seems to stop. Right now it’s George, Breonna, and Ahmaud. Before that it was Eric, Sandra, and Michael. It just goes on, and on, and on.” RELATED: 911 call that sparked US mayhem RELATED: Trump warns he’ll order rioting protesters ‘shot’ George Floyd died after being pinned to the ground by police officers. Picture: Odd Andersen/AFPSource:AFP Protests have raged across the country for several days now – from Minneapolis where Floyd died to Los Angeles and New York. The police officer who was seen kneeling on Floyd’s neck was arrested and charged with third-degree murder… Read full this story
- ‘Spawn’: How Jamie Foxx and Grey Goose Vodka Helped Cast Jeremy Renner
- Jamie Foxx Reveals How He Convinced Todd McFarlane to Cast Him in 'Spawn'
- Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon Levitt Join Netflix Superhero Movie
- Jamie Foxx Has Begun "Crafting" Spawn for New Movie
- Jamie Foxx Explains the Interesting Duality of 'Spawn'
- Jamie Foxx Talks About Working With Jeremy Renner on 'Spawn'
- Jamie Foxx, Tiffany Haddish Appear in ‘This Is Stand-Up’ Trailer
- J.J. Watt, Tyler Perry, Jamie Foxx and More Celebrities Give Big to Relief Funds for Deadly Texas Floods
- Jamie Foxx and Kate Beckinsale Get Close at Fancy Party
- Baby Driver Trailer Goes Full Throttle with Jamie Foxx & Ansel Elgort
George Floyd protests: Jamie Foxx’s message to white friends as public figures call for justice have 324 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.