New Delhi: The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly had a deadly impact on health, economy, travel, business and other aspects of livelihood, making physical wellness and safety the need of the hour. The world has never faced a hunger emergency like this, say experts. It could double the number of people facing acute hunger to 265 million by the end of this year. In India too, children, daily-wage labourers, and migrants to cities from less developed states are the worst hit. And it’s time that we stand up for them. On World Hunger Day (May 28, 2020), Zee Media and Akshaya Patra joined hands to support millions of children and their families across India who continue to face hunger and inadequate nutrition due to COVID-19. Highlighting the enormity of the challenge, even before the pandemic struck India had slipped to the 102nd position out of 117 countries in the Global Hunger Index 2019, placing behind its neighbours Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Plus, as per FAO estimates in ‘The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, 2019’ report, 194.4 million people in India are undernourished. Worryingly, 51.4% of women in the reproductive age bracket between 15 to 49 years are… Read full this story
- NGOs demand asylum reform on World Refugee Day
- Ginger emoji added to iPhone for first time ever to celebrate World Emoji Day
- World Emoji Day 2018 – what is it, when is it and how is it celebrated?
- Turkey calls for more international solidarity on World Refugee Day
- When is World Oceans Day 2018, what is the theme and how is the date marked?
- Apple executives turned into Memoji for World Emoji Day
- World Emoji Day 2018 – these are the BANNED and rejected emoji you can’t use
- World Poetry Day 2018: 28 of poetry's most powerful lines ever written
- World Poetry Day 2018: Video of Stephen Hawking reading 'Relativity' by Sarah Howe
- Healthcare for all on World Health Day
On World Hunger Day Akshaya Patra and Zee Media team up to tackle nutrition challenges have 313 words, post on zeenews.india.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.