Members of Shiv Sena, Punjab, and parents of students from various schools in Ludhiana held a protest outside the residence of Ludhiana central constituency MLA Surinder Dawar on Saturday over private schools charging tuition fees amid the Covid-19 lockdown. They submitted a memorandum to the MLA who assured the parents that the matter would be taken up with the education minister.Chairman of Shiv Sena, Punjab, Rajiv Tandon, said, “Private schools have been sending messages on WhatsApp groups created by teachers and highlighting the students whose parents have not submitted the fee. They should not be allowed to charge fees as classes have been suspended. The government needs to intervene and take a decision to provide relief to the parents.”“Parents have taken huge economic losses and lost jobs in the last two months. How will they pay the fee? If the state government fails to provide relief, then we will continue protesting,” he added.On May 27, the members protested outside the deputy commissioner’s office and submitted a memorandum to him.
- 'A bully is threatening to kill kids at my daughters' school': 90210 heartthrob Ian Ziering is among parents protesting a West Hollywood school's lack of action over a student with a 'history of violence'
- Young girl warned ‘force may be used’ at protest outside PM’s house
- Shiv Sena MLA Demands Merger of PMC Bank to Provide Relief for Depositors
- Shiv Sena MLA raises PMC bank issue is assembly, says one person's wrongdoings should not affect others
- Be alert BJP, many of your members may become govt's friends: Shiv Sena
- Uddhav Thackeray’s Jallianwala Bagh dart at BJP is Shiv Sena’s new normal
- Complete Unanimity Between Congress-NCP, Will Meet Shiv Sena Today to Finalise Alliance: Prithviraj Chavan
- Be Alert BJP, Many of Your Members May Become Govt's Friends: Shiv Sena
- Intentions of Thackeray government are clean and genuine: Shiv Sena takes dig at BJP, asks them to be 'alert'
- Be Alert BJP, Many Of Your Members May Become Maharashtra government's Friends: Shiv Sena
Punjab Shiv Sena, parents protest outside MLA’s house over fee collection by schools in Ludhiana have 338 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.