Members of Shiv Sena, Punjab, and parents of students from various schools in Ludhiana held a protest outside the residence of Ludhiana central constituency MLA Surinder Dawar on Saturday over private schools charging tuition fees amid the Covid-19 lockdown. They submitted a memorandum to the MLA who assured the parents that the matter would be taken up with the education minister.Chairman of Shiv Sena, Punjab, Rajiv Tandon, said, “Private schools have been sending messages on WhatsApp groups created by teachers and highlighting the students whose parents have not submitted the fee. They should not be allowed to charge fees as classes have been suspended. The government needs to intervene and take a decision to provide relief to the parents.”“Parents have taken huge economic losses and lost jobs in the last two months. How will they pay the fee? If the state government fails to provide relief, then we will continue protesting,” he added.On May 27, the members protested outside the deputy commissioner’s office and submitted a memorandum to him.
- Activists protest outside Google HQ over anti-abortion search results
- Travis Reinking, Tennessee Waffle House Shooting Accused, Earlier Arrested Outside White House
- Comments for : Was RIM behind the "Wake Up" protests outside that Australian Apple Store?
- WATCH: Epic Fail–Lone NRA Convention Protester Can’t Defend Gun-Free School Zones
- Warn off any shifty characters outside your house with this smart security camera
- Was RIM behind the "Wake Up" protests outside that Australian Apple Store?
- Samsung pays people to protest outside Australian Apple Store; goal is to mock iSheep culture
- Comments for : Samsung pays people to protest outside Australian Apple Store; goal is to mock iSheep culture
- The Latest: House and Senate leaders won't bend to teachers
- Arizona teachers demanding raise protesting at schools across the state
Punjab Shiv Sena, parents protest outside MLA’s house over fee collection by schools in Ludhiana have 302 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.