The railways has made screening of all passengers compulsory and said that only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board trains.The railways have issued guidelines which make it mandatory for all passengers to reach railway stations at least 90 minutes in advance, and said that only passengers with confirmed tickets will be allowed to enter railway station.All passengers must wear masks at the entry and during the travel and passengers have to observe social distancing both at the station and on trains.On arrival at their destination, passengers should adhere to health protocols as prescribed by destination State/UTs.The railways would refund the fare in case passengers not found fit for travelling due to symptoms of corona and passengers with very high temperature/Symptoms of COVID-19 etc. would not be allowed to travel despite having confirmed tickets. Full refund would be paid to them.For refunds, online TDR should be filed within 10 days from date of journey and original TC certificates to be sent by the passenger to IRCTC and full fare to be refunded in customer’s account.The railways have also banned catering charges to be included in the fare, and encourage passengers to carry their own food and drinking water.All static catering… Read full this story
- Rush hour delays at UK’s busiest railway station
- Dozens killed as train crashes into barrier at Cairo railway station
- Plans go in for large office block near Nottingham Railway Station
- Superb photos feature in booklet tracing history of city's old railway stations
- Railway Station in Athens Disrupted by Migrants' Sit-Down Protest
- The North East's lost railway stations tell the story of our region's history
- What's happening with plans to redevelop Cardiff Central Railway Station?
- All the disused railway stations you could soon catch a train from in our region
- NS allocates €65m to upgrade 200 railway stations, build waiting rooms
- These six Yorkshire railway stations will get better access for disabled passengers by 2024
Screening of passengers at railway stations made compulsory have 329 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.