Measures are taken to keep social distancing aboard the SuperStar Gemini cruise ship berthed at Singapore’s Marina Bay Cruise Centre on May 23, 2020. SuperStar Gemini cruise ship together with SuperStar Aquarius cruise ship, are used as temporary dormitory for migrant workers who have recovered from COVID-19 infection. (Photo by Then Chih Wey/Xinhua)
SINGAPORE, May 23 (Xinhua) — Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) reported 642 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total confirmed cases in the country to 31,068.
Of the new cases, 99 percent are linked to known clusters, while the rest are pending contact tracing.
The number of new cases in the community has increased, from an average of five cases per day in the week before, to an average of seven per day in the past week. The number of unlinked cases in the community has also increased, from an average of one case per day in the week before, to an average of two per day in the past week. This is partly due to the active surveillance and screening of nursing home residents and pre-school staff, which have picked up more cases in the past week.
A total of 927 more cases of COVID-19 infection have been discharged from hospitals or community isolation facilities. In all, 13,882 have fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged from hospitals or community care facilities, the ministry said.
There are currently 711 confirmed cases who are still in hospital. Of these, most are stable or improving, and eight are in critical condition in the intensive care unit. 16,452 are isolated and cared for at community facilities. These are those who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still test positive for the COVID-19. A total of 23 people have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.
- Hope for China as report shows new COVID-19 cases falling
- Coronavirus: Hope for China as report finds new COVID-19 cases falling
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases since Feb 13
- South Korea reports 169 new COVID-19 cases; three more deaths
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases since February 13
- China announces biggest drop in new COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus Recoveries Overtake New COVID-19 Cases in China for the First Time, Health Officials Say
- South Korea reports 142 more COVID-19 cases, total 346
- New Covid-19 cases decline, but tracking method revised again
- Kuwait reports first 3 COVID-19 cases
- New COVID-19 cases, deaths in China drop to encouraging thresholds: health official
- New COVID-19 cases drop for 16 straight days outside Hubei
- Hanoi tightens supervision to detect COVID-19 cases
- Delhi hospital keeping two suspected COVID-19 cases in isolation
- Hanoi tightens supervision for timely detection of COVID-19 cases
- China's Hubei Province Reports 14,840 New COVID-19 Coronavirus Cases and 242 New Deaths
- Coronavirus: Dozens more COVID-19 cases confirmed as Diamond Princess quarantine ends
- Two COVID-19 cases in Vinh Phuc show negative results for second time
- COVID-19 cases in China fall for 2nd day
- No suspected COVID-19 cases in Nigeria — NCDC
Singapore reports 642 new COVID-19 cases have 466 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 24, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.