Twitter censored the US President’s tweet about the unrest in Minneapolis on Friday, saying it broke the platform’s rules around “glorifying violence”. The tweet can now only be read after a user clicks through a disclaimer, which says: “This tweet violated the Twitter rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the tweet to remain accessible.” Twitter said it added the warning “in the interest of preventing others from being inspired to commit violent acts”. People would still be able to retweet the message if they added their own comment, but they would not be able to like it or add a reply, it said. Hours later, the White House’s official Twitter account attempted to share the exact same wording used by Mr Trump, but failed. Twitter swiftly hid the tweet for breaking the same rules. “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!” https://t.co/GDwAydcAOw— The White House (@WhiteHouse)… Read full this story
- Megan Rapinoe on Donald Trump: 'His Message Excludes People In His Own Base'
- Kathy Griffin to Attend White House Correspondents Dinner Despite Trump Controversy
- Bush White House Ethics Lawyer Calls Trumps 'An Organized Crime Family': 'Go After All Of Them'
- California Democratic congresswoman says House could impeach Donald Trump AGAIN if he's re-elected and Republicans lose Senate control
- Judiciary Committee subpoenas McGahn, ex-White House counsel who defied Trump
- What Does North Korea's Kim Jong Un Want to Tell Donald Trump? New Message on Its Way
- Exclusive — White House’s Pam Bondi: Trump Wants Schiff, Hunter Biden, ‘Whistleblower’ to Testify in Senate Impeachment Trial
- White House Says Pictures Show Trump 'Hard at Work' to Avoid Government Shutdown—Critics Aren't so Sure
- Lt General In White House Releases Statement On Trump-Ukraine Call
- TWO MORE BOMBSHELLS: ‘Current White House Official’ Under Investigation, Trump Told Russians Comey Ouster Relieved ‘Great Pressure’ On Him
Twitter censors White House tweet re-sharing Donald Trump’s ‘shooting’ message have 364 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.