Video PlayerClose NEW YORK, May 22 (Xinhua) — The number of COVID-19 deaths in the United States topped 95,000 on Friday, reaching 95,276 as of 12:32 p.m. (1632 GMT), according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University. A total of 1,588,322 cases have been reported in the country, according to the CSSE. Hardest-hit New York state reported 28,743 fatalities among 358,154 cases. New Jersey reported 10,985 deaths, Massachusetts reported 6,148 deaths and Michigan reported 5,129 deaths, the CSSE data showed. All 50 U.S. states have started the process of reopening as President Donald Trump has pushed for, while public health experts have warned that premature moves would lead to more deaths. Trump said on Thursday that the United States would not close if a second wave of COVID-19 comes. “People say that’s a very distinct possibility … We’re not going to close the country. We’re going to put out the fires,” Trump told reporters during a Ford manufacturing plant tour in the state of Michigan. Enditem
- Johns Hopkins has launched the first center devoted exclusively to researching psychedelic drugs in the U.S.
- Man, 31, who was charged with killing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck now faces 19 counts of sexually exploiting a minor after authorities find child porn on his computer
- 15th Annual Davey Awards Honors Five mStoner Clients, Including a Gold Award for Northeastern University College of Engineering
- Epstein death puts renowned pathologist back in spotlight
- John Wick TV Series Confirmed to Be a Prequel, More Details Revealed
- John Wick Spin-Off Ballerina on Fast Track, Gets Underworld Director
- Democratic Party tries to save Thursday debate after ALL the candidates say they'll boycott if hosting university doesn't resolve labor dispute with food service workers
- The Top 10 Underrated Marvel Cinematic Universe Moments
- Baltimore police investigating baby’s death as homicide case
- Katie Hopkins declares Sydney terrorist was after HER - as were 9/11 and 7/7 attackers
U.S. COVID-19 deaths surpass 95,000 -- Johns Hopkins University have 315 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 23, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.