Video PlayerClose BEIRUT, May 29 (Xinhua) — The UN Interim Forces in Lebanon (UNIFIL) awarded a Chinese female major on Friday for her work to integrate a gender perspective into the military functions, the UNIFIL said in a statement. UNIFIL Chief Stefano Del Col presented Major Yuan Xin of UNIFIL’s Chinese contingent with the UN Certificate of Recognition award on behalf of the UN peacekeeping chief Jean-Pierre Lacroix. “I am particularly pleased to recognize the achievements of Maj Xin today in her role in the area of demining, a vital component of operational effectiveness and protection of civilian,” Del Col said. Del Col made the statement on the occasion of the International Day of UN Peacekeepers held at the UNIFIL’s headquarters in Naqoura, which paid tribute to the contribution of uniformed and civilian personnel and honored more than 3,900 peacekeepers who lost their lives serving under the UN flag around the world since 1948. This year, the UN peacekeeper’s day marks the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security and commemorates the key role of women in peacekeeping. “I would like to express my great pride for the immense contribution of… Read full this story
- Desperate search continues for missing Chinese woman, 28, as teenager who is charged with her murder 'REFUSES to assist the police with their investigation'
- Indiana prosecuting Chinese woman for suicide attempt that killed her foetus
- Marine arrested for alleged human smuggling after Chinese woman found in car trunk
- Fears missing woman, 28, was murdered after police found her abandoned car 4km from her Sydney house – as her mother flies to Australia in a desperate attempt to find her
- Lebanon’s media landscape - struggling with digitalization and media freedom
- Lebanon - Changing the concept of digital privacy
- A new Mulan live-action trailer is out and people seem excited. Except in Hong Kong
- Eerie discovery as body of woman, 28, is found near her missing appeal poster after she was allegedly murdered by her housemate
- Teenager, 19, charged with murder of his Chinese housemate, 28, following 'an argument over money' and is denied bail
- The Barbaric Chinese Fashion Fad: The Lotus Feet
UNIFIL awards Chinese woman for exceptional role in peacekeeping in S. Lebanon have 361 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.