The Wuhan Institute of Virology has since 2004 “isolated and obtained some coronaviruses from bats,” its director Wang Yanyi said in an interview that aired Saturday, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP) and the New York Post. “Now we have three strains of live viruses … But their highest similarity to SARS-CoV-2 only reaches 79.8 per cent,” Yanyi said, referring to the coronavirus strain that causes COVID-19. “It’s an obvious difference,” she said, according to AFP. Electron microscope image made available by the U.S. National Institutes of Health in February 2020 shows the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, yellow, emerging from the surface of cells, blue/pink, cultured in the lab. Picture: AP, FileSource:AP Yanyi rubbished the conspiracy that the pandemic started in her lab — one pushed by US President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo — as “pure fabrication.” Her scientists had never “encountered, researched or kept the virus” until it received samples on December 30, when it had already unknowingly taken hold on Wuhan, the contagion’s epicentre, she said. “In fact, like everyone else, we didn’t even know the virus existed,” she said of the new virus that as of Sunday had infected more than 5.3 million and killed more… Read full this story
- X-Men Origins Movie Review
- No Ifs, Ands Or Bats!
- Anti Virus Software, A Must Have For Every PC
- Best Computer Protection - 5 Tips to Keeping Your PC Virus and Spyware Free
- Computer Viruses - What You Didn't Know
- How Do I Remove a Trojan Virus From My Computer? It's Actually Quite Simple
- Adware Spyware and Virus Threats - Must Know Facts For PC Protection
- How Long Does a Wart Virus Live?
- Don't "Lose" Your Living Will - Storage Places to Avoid
- Your Slow Running Computer and the Role Viruses and Spyware Play in It
Wuhan Institute of Virology’s director denies COVID-19 originated in lab but live bat viruses were kept there have 301 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.