WE are used to seeing Susanna Reid bickering with her co-host Piers Morgan on ITV’s Good Morning Britain.
But she is about to jump over to Channel 4 to spend time in the more relaxed company of her friend Rob Rinder on Celebrity Gogglebox.
Susanna and her long-time pal will be sharing his sofa and commenting on the week’s telly from this Friday until the end of the current series.
“They also liked the mischief of splitting up one of telly’s best- known presenting duos, and putting Susanna with someone she is guaranteed to have a rapport with.”
Susanna and Rob have become firm friends. She admitted falling off the wagon last year during a boozy trip to Ibiza with the Judge Rinder star and Sun columnist.
But for Rob, his pairing is not just about spending more time with his mate. He is also relishing giving Susanna a well-earned break from her GMB sidekick.
He said: “I am very grateful to Celebrity Gogglebox for ensuring Piers Morgan will only be the second most important man in my dear friend Susanna’s TV life from now on.”
I think he’s going to have something to say about that.
Jamie’s Strictly strain
Jamie Laing’s expected return to Strictly would mean overcoming the mental hurdle of seeing his replacement last year winning the series.
That is according to fellow Made In Chelsea star and long-term mate Alex Mytton.
Emmerdale actor Kelvin Fletcher took home the Glitterball trophy in 2019 after Jamie pulled out.
Alex joked that Jamie purposely injured his foot because he was not up to scratch for last year’s series.
The DJ said: “The guy that came on in his place won. I reckon Jamie is going to have a bit of a complex about that one now. He’ll be like, ‘S*** I need to be good’.”
Alex added: “He’s so competitive. I reckon secretly he injured himself because he had no rhythm. He’s probably going to break his other foot this year, but it would be wicked if he did [take part].”
Alex is working with the Great British Win fundraising experiences to treat a fan to dinner and a night out.
You must donate for a chance to win and money raised will go to two NHS charities, Age UK and Refuge.
Kelly looks a picture
Kelly Brook has blossomed since her days as a presenter on Channel 4’s The Big Breakfast.
The former model turned gardening expert on ITV’s This Morning transformed herself into a figure right out of a Pre-Raphaelite painting.
It is a reinvention even Madonna would struggle to pull off.
FANS of Alan Carr’s Epic Gameshow were gutted when ITV tried to post an online clip from last Saturday’s show, but put out a clip from next week’s programme instead.
Unfortunately it included a huge spoiler.
Smith and Foy slug it out
THE Crown co-stars Claire Foy and Matt Smith clearly feel comfortable taking the mickey out of each other.
The banter was flying on Dermot O’Leary’s weekend Radio 2 slot as they plugged the live stream of their socially distanced stage show, Lungs, at The Old Vic in London.
Claire, who played the Queen on the royal drama, revealed she named a fig tree after Matt, who was Prince Philip.
She said: “He’s at my old house, so for all I know he’s withered away. He had a very high yield and was lovely.”
And when it was suggested she might name something after Matt in her new garden, Claire said: “Maybe the slug that keeps eating all my plants.”
THE creators of Corrie are releasing a commemorative book to mark the ITV soap’s 60th anniversary later this year.
It promises to be an “exhaustive, compelling and entertaining” read on all things Weatherfield.
Peaky’s held up
THE director of Peaky Blinders has told fans he does not think a new series will hit screens until 2022.
Anthony Byrne says filming for the BBC show was due to begin in March but has been delayed by coronavirus.
He said: “It would be great to be prepping again towards the end of the year with a view to start shooting early next year. If we did start shooting in January, we wouldn’t finish until May or June and then it’s another six months of editing.”
Anthony revealed series six will include the addition of a new female character.
He added to Digital Spy: “She is pretty dark. We’re close to casting her as well.”
Most read in TV & Showbiz
Peter Andre praises Emily for ‘uncomfortable’ chats with his daughter Princess
Kate Garraway’s husband Derek has WOKEN from his Covid coma after four months
Little Mix’s Jade Thirlwall poses in completely see-through jumpsuit
From Rylan to Katie Price and Liam Gallagher – celebrities’ real names revealed
PRETTY IN PINK
Hollyoaks’ Chelsee Healey sets pulses racing with sizzling bum pic
Celebrity kids who are the spitting image of their famous parents
WHAT? EastEnders: Secrets From The Square, BBC1, 8pm.
WHY? Stars share gossip and giggles from behind the scenes.
Tonight, it is Linda and Mick Carter, aka Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
- Good Morning Britain fans praise the comeback of regular hosts Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid
- Britain’s Got More Talent host Stephen Mulhern films spoof rap video with Holly Willoughby, Susanna Reid and the Loose Women
- Strictly’s Judge Rinder and Piers Morgan flirt up a storm on Good Morning Britain
- Piers Morgan reveals 3am booze session with co-host Susanna Reid
- Piers Morgan calls Susanna Reid his ‘wife’ as they pose for a picture with his REAL partner Celia Walden
- Good Morning Britain’s Susanna Reid confesses she’s been on a date with her co-host – and its NOT Piers Morgan
- Busted! Busty Susanna Reid mocked by Piers Morgan for leaving price tag on her shoe
- Good Morning Britain’s Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid clash in sexism row after Charlotte Hawkins presents sports segment
- Cheeky Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan quips Susanna Reid’s blouse ‘isn’t see through enough’
- Piers Morgan gets jealous as Susanna Reid’s former Breakfast co-host Bill Turnbull blows her a kiss on Good Morning Britain
- Judge Rinder confesses he wants Piers Morgan for his ‘second husband’ – before suggesting he should go on a DIET
- Susanna Reid left shocked at Piers Morgan’s sexual comment to her on GMB
- Piers Morgan is scolded by Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain for his rant about Women’s March
- Susanna Reid takes a leaf out of Good Morning Britain co-host Piers Morgan’s book with new ITV prison series
- Good Morning Britain’s Piers Morgan can’t keep his hands off Susanna Reid while discussing their “perfect relationship”
- Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan pours cold water on Scarlett Moffatt’s I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here victory
- Piers Morgan tweets ‘Lily Allen crotch grab picture’ after feuding with Women’s March celebs
- Good Morning Britain’s Piers Morgan urges men to wear heels so they can ‘tower over’ women and ‘dominate’ them
- Piers Morgan challenges rival Lord Sugar to an epic €5,570 ‘weigh off’ for charity on Good Morning Britain
- Piers Morgan shuts down cheeky troll who calls him a ‘knobhead’ in furious rant on Twitter
Susanna Reid ditches Piers Morgan to pair up with pal Judge Rinder on Celebrity Gogglebox have 1313 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 22, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.