Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday said all upcoming written examinations of universities under Delhi government will be cancelled due to the novel coronavirus outbreak, and students, including those in final year, will be passed based on evaluation of previous exams or semesters.“All State universities have been asked to promote students based on previous exams or semesters or other evaluations till now. First year, second year and third year or final year exams will not be conducted,” said Mr. Sisodia while addressing a video briefing. “Final-year students should also be evaluated this way (without written examinations) and awarded degrees.”The Minister clarified that the decision is for Delhi’s State universities such as Ambedkar University Delhi, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and Delhi Technological University. The Capital also has Central government-run universities such as DU and JNU and the Centre will have to take a decision on them.“Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is going to write to the Prime Minister [Narendra Modi] that the decision taken by the Delhi government for State universities should be replicated for Central government-run universities across the country so that students get some relief,” said Mr. Sisodia.Later, Mr. Kejriwal tweeted that he had urged the Prime Minister… Read full this story
- America has collapsed into a PHARMA STATE run by government-protected drug cartels
- State-run SSL certificate authorities make Congress nervous about Web security
- China's State-Run Media Tells Citizens to 'Accept' Gmail Block
- Girls cross country: Young Vernon Hills seeks another state run
- K-State runs for 361 yards in old-school offensive attack
- Ellington, Georgia State run over Coastal Carolina, 31-21
- Montana State runs past Northern Arizona 49-31
- Watch: J.K. Dobbins smokes MSU on 67-yard touchdown run
- The anti-free speech Left claims another victim – or not – as Ann Coulter vows to speak at Berkeley despite event cancellation
- Blind University of Glasgow student 'faced reading list discrimination'
All upcoming exams of State-run universities cancelled: Sisodia have 317 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.