Kolkata, July 27: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday asked the Centre to clear all financial dues of the state to help it fight the COVID-19 pandemic effectively.
Banerjee, during an online programme where Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated new testing facilities in West Bengal, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh, also sought the creation of a separate fund for the combating the disease. She also said that the money from the state’s disaster relief fund was being used for rehabilitation work after cyclone Amphan.
“I would request the central government to clear the financial dues of the state immediately. We are yet to get our dues of Rs 53,000 crore. If we utilise all money from the state disaster relief fund for post-cyclone restoration works, how are we supposed to fight the pandemic,” the CM said during the online programme.
Cyclone Amphan had struck West Bengal on may 20, leaving behind a trail of destruction “There is a need for a separate fund to fight the pandemic. I would request you (the prime minister) to look into it,” she added.
- Mamata Banerjee govt to bring anti-CAA resolution in state assembly on January 27
- 'Those Opposing CAA, NRP Must Come Together': Chidambaram Attempts Reconciliation With Mamata Banerjee
- West Bengal to pass anti-CAA resolution on Jan 27
- 'Once Declared A Foreigner, Will A Person be Allowed to Apply for Citizenship?': Mamata Banerjee
- Mamata Banerjee holds anti-CAA rally in Darjeeling, alleges discrimination against Gorkhas
- Netaji opposed Hindu Mahasabha’s divisive politics, says Mamata Banerjee
- West Bengal To Pass Resolution Against CAA, Says Mamata Banerjee
- Eminent citizens opposing CAA are Mamata Banerjee’s dogs: BJP MP
- Case Filed Against 150 Unidentified People After Left Students 'Gherao' Mamata Banerjee at Anti-CAA Protests
- West Bengal to pass anti-CAA resolution soon: CM Mamata Banerjee
- West Bengal to pass resolution against Citizenship Amendment Act on January 27
- CAA-NRC protest: Opposition to meet today; Mamata Banerjee, Mayawati to skip
- Needless fracas: On Governors vs Kerala and West Bengal governments
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee: Any voice raised against CAA and NRC is labelled as ‘Pakistani’ by the Centre
- WB to pass anti-CAA resolution in 3-4 days: Mamata
- Will a person be declared foreigner, then allowed to apply for citizenship, asks Mamata in anti-CAA jab
- Mamata asks Opposition-ruled States, Northeast to reject NPR
- Bengal to bring anti-CAA resolution soon, says Mamata
- Modi could not visit Assam due to protests, but welcomed to Kolkata by mayor: CPM targets TMC
- In Bengal, CAA causes fissures amid BJP leaders
Centre should clear West Bengal's dues to effectively tackle COVID-19: Mamata Banerjee have 745 words, post on www.oneindia.com at July 27, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.