Screenshot of President Rodrigo Duterte's Sona. RTVM video
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday warned that there will be more piles of dead bodies if criminals return to their "old ways."
"I'm addressing myself to criminals. You commit all sorts of things and you harm the public, then kaaway mo na ako [and I will be your enemy]," Duterte said in his fifth State of the Nation Address.
"Pag bumalik kayo sa dati gaya noon, patong patong na naman ang patay dito. Sigurado. Hahanapin ko kayo. Do not ever go back to your old ways," he went on.
(If you go back to your old ways, bodies will start to pile up again here. For sure. I will find you.)
Duterte also gave the assurance that the country will be "relatively peaceful" as long as he is President.
"Let me assure you, for as long as I am president, there can never be runaway crime in any of our cities. Hindi ako papayag [I will not allow it]. I can assure you we will remain peaceful, relatively peaceful," Duterte said.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- Horrified police officers bow their heads as lorry carrying the dead bodies of THIRTY-NINE migrants is driven away from spot where they were found - after Northern Irish driver, 25, who picked up container at Essex port is arrested for mass murder
- Plague grave excavations contradict tales of naked bodies piled in pits
- Malachi Lawson, Missing Baltimore 4-Year-Old, Found Dead
- Bones With Names: Long-Dead Bodies Archaeologists Have Identified
- Haunting CCTV captures moment lorry driver pulls into Essex industrial estate with THIRTY-NINE bodies in his refrigerated container - four days after entering the UK - as he is arrested in one of Britain's biggest-ever murder probes
- UK police say 39 found dead in truck were Chinese
- UK murder probe as 39 dead found in truck from Bulgaria
- Odisha: Father carries daughter’s body after ambulance throws them out
- Black Bodies Will Not Be Your Platform, Jameela Jamil
- Director Roxanne Benjamin Talks Body at Brighton Rock [Exclusive]
Duterte to criminals: Go back to your old ways, dead bodies will pile up again have 344 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at July 27, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.