Video PlayerClose HONG KONG, July 13 (Xinhua) — The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government will investigate illegal acts in opposition camp’s so-called “primaries” for the election of the Legislative Council (LegCo) as a large number of complaints on the activity have been filed with the government. Residents complained that the “primaries” may interfere with and manipulate the LegCo election, severely jeopardize the electoral process and cause unfairness, violate the prohibition on group gathering amid the COVID-19 epidemic, and lack protection of personal data, the Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Bureau of the HKSAR government said Monday in a statement. The organizer of the “primaries” vowed to veto the government’s budget after winning the election, according to the complaints. The bureau said the aim of the organizer may lead to committing the offense of subversion as stipulated in the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the HKSAR. The law states that a person shall be guilty of an offense if he or she seriously interferes in, disrupts, undermines the performance of duties and functions in accordance with the law by the body of central power of the People’s Republic of China or the body… Read full this story
- HP-Autonomy acquisition under US govt investigation
- India govt investigates Aadhar duplication claims
- Pakistan govt orders stop to late-night call packages
- Baird govt pledges AU$300m for e-health if re-elected
- Ted Cruz Calls Planned Parenthood A 'Criminal Enterprise,' Says He'd Pardon Sting Video Maker
- Trump says it 'could've been China' behind election hacks
- Senators: Tech firms didn't take election meddling 'seriously'
- Obama Calls Out GOP For Bullshit Voter ID Laws
- Add the Midterm Elections to Your 2018 Calendar Now While You Still Remember
- White House Finally Lifts the Jones Act, Allowing Supplies to be Sent to Puerto Rico
HKSAR gov't to investigate illegal acts in opposition camp's so-called "primaries" for LegCo election have 306 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.