Makkal Needhi Maiam founder Kamal Haasan on Saturday said the State government must improve basic facilities in Primary Healthcare Centres (PHC), intensify COVID-19 testing and increase awareness about the spread of the virus in rural areas and provide treatment on a par with the cities. In a statement, Mr. Haasan said rural areas run the risk of experiencing a spike in cases. “PHCs do not have proper facilities, infrastructure, protective equipment and medical professionals in several villages. When big cities that have modern hospitals are struggling to cope with the impact of COVID-19, the State government must think about what would happen when cases increase in rural areas,” he said.The MNM chief said State government must intensify precautionary measures to prevent the disease from spreading in rural areas. “If the disease spreads to rural areas, the country’s basic needs might be affected. It is not enough to say India’s soul lives in rural areas but ensure that such areas are free of the disease,” he said.Mr. Haasan also criticised the State government for forcing the Greater Chennai Corporation school teachers to undertake COVID-19 precautionary work by calling them ‘Street Warriors.’ He said that Corporation school teachers were being made to… Read full this story
- Continue to increase COVID-19 tests, experts urge Edappadi Palaniswami
- Trump Announces $11 Billion in Funding to Increase COVID-19 Testing in US States, Territories
- Pence Distancing From Trump Amid Positive COVID-19 Tests at White House
- Delhi govt pulls up private lab for ‘mismatch’ in Covid-19 testing data
- Mylab increases production capacity of Covid-19 testing kits to 2 lakh per day
- Indian Covid-19 test kit production scaled up to lower imports
- Know how coronavirus COVID-19 tests are carried out at IMCR-approved Delhi lab
- COVID-19 fight | Hyderabad firm develops 'DIY' COVID-19 test strips
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Donates $10M For COVID-19 Testing To Sean Penn’s Disaster Relief Group CORE
- What’s The Status Of COVID-19 Testing In Minnesota?
Improve facilities in rural PHCs, increase COVID-19 testing: Kamal have 325 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.