Video PlayerClose TEHRAN, July 12 (Xinhua) — The misalignment of the missile guidance system and a decision to fire without authorization led to the accidental downing of a Ukrainian passenger plane in January, Iran’s Civil Aviation Organization has said. “After the relocation of one of the air defense units of Tehran, clearly causing a change in its heading, a failure occurred due to a human error in following the procedure of system north alignment,” the civil aviation agency said in a report on Saturday, adding that “such a functional failure initiated a hazard chain, which, of course, could” have been controlled provided “other planned measures are implemented.” Another key error also contributed to the crash. After spotting the unit and notifying the command about the object, the operator fired a missile at the target “without receiving any response from the Coordination Center.” “Under the applicable procedures, if the defense system operator cannot establish communication with the Coordination Center and does not receive the fire command, they are not authorized to fire,” the report said. “The sequence of events clearly shows the occurrence of a chain of events initiated by a human error,” it added. The agency noted that the report… Read full this story
- Moutai to provide fuel to civil aviation industry
- CO2 Laser Aircraft Weapon to Shoot Down Enemy Threats
- Leading Private Jet Charter Operators
- Aviation Lawyer: Whether Passenger, Pilot or Owner, You May Need an Aviation Lawyer
- Private Jet Charter: They're Flying - Why Am I Grounded?
- Iran Claims to Have a New Fighter Plane; The Saegheh
- Scramjets, Nasa's X-43, and Mach 9.8: Aviation's Hypersonic Challenge
- Jet Movements, Part 1
- Minute Men Jet Fighters Needed Again
- Private Jets for Business Travel; Part 1
Misaligned missile system results in Ukrainian jet downing: Iran's civil aviation agency have 286 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.