Video PlayerClose WASHINGTON, July 10 (Xinhua) — A Sporting Kansas City player in the Major League Soccer (MLS) has tested positive for the COVID-19 and been isolated, the club confirmed Friday. The team’s statement said the unidentified player had twice received positive test results for the virus after arriving in Orlando, Florida for the “MLS is Back” soccer tournament. Kansas City noted that all other members have not contracted the virus, while the affected player is in quarantine at a designated area of the team hotel. The MLS restart has been hit hard by the coronavirus as Nashville SC and FC Dallas withdrew from the competition after 11 and nine members of the franchises had tested positive for COVID-19 respectively. After play was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic on March 12, the MLS returned in a unique tournament format called “MLS is Back” on July 9 at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida with no spectators. Enditem
- Royals and FOX Sports Kansas City announce 2018 TV schedule
- FOX Sports Kansas City TV listings
- Sporting Kansas City blanked 1-0 by Rapids
- Next in line for NBA franchise: Kansas City or Seattle?
- Offseason In Review: Kansas City Royals
- Kansas City Chiefs Draft Options: 3 Players KC Could Take In The Second Round
- What is going on in Kansas City?
- How to watch the Royals on FOX Sports Kansas City
- Oilers at Kansas City
- FC Kansas City is under new ownership
MLS Kansas City player tests positive for COVID-19 have 239 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 11, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.