Video PlayerClose WELLINGTON, July 11 (Xinhua) — New Zealand’s Ministry of Health on Saturday reported one new case of COVID-19 in its managed isolation facilities. The new case is a woman in her 20s who arrived in New Zealand on July 2 from London via Doha and Sydney. The woman, who had previously been identified as a close contact of another case, was in managed isolation at a hotel in Christchurch and is now in quarantine. Regular testing was carried out before she tested positive on the sixth day of her arrival, said the ministry. The ministry said 71 days had passed since the last case of COVID-19 was acquired locally in New Zealand from an unknown source. The new case brings the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases to 1,193, which is the number New Zealand reported to the World Health Organization. The total number of active cases in New Zealand is 24. There is no one in the country receiving hospital-level care for COVID-19. Laboratories across New Zealand completed 2,057 tests overnight, bringing the total number of tests to 426,776. Enditem
- New Zealand confirms first coronavirus case in months
- COVID-19: Pressure grows on PM to reopen schools amid warning children are pandemic's 'forgotten victims'
- Police scour video of vandalism and looting in Whangamatā on New Year's Eve
- Britain delivers a record 480,000 Covid-19 vaccines in a day - putting it on track to hit 15m first doses target by February 15 if supplies hold up and rate is maintained
- Britain faces even MORE super-Covid variants: Global surge of cases is fueling more chances for the virus to mutate to beat immune system and vaccines, scientists warn
- WHO Chief: World on Brink of ‘Moral Failure’ Over COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- California First in US to Post More than 3 Million Total COVID-19 Cases
- Roundup: Iraq approves use of Chinese, British COVID-19 vaccines; Israel extends lockdown for 10 days
- The WHO was too slow to react to the Covid-19 pandemic and is a powerless body unable to 'enforce anything', independent panel finds
- How many people catching Covid each day in YOUR area? Interactive map reveals 65,000 people are getting infected each day in England - but that the outbreak has now plateaued
New Zealand records 1 new COVID-19 case have 362 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 11, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.