Video PlayerClose SEOUL, July 13 (Xinhua) — South Korea’s export of information and communications technology (ICT) products rose last month thanks to demand for computers and back-up memory units, a government report showed Monday. The ICT product shipment added 1 percent from a year earlier to 14.96 billion U.S. dollars in June, according to the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. Import gained 4.8 percent to 8.96 billion dollars, sending the trade surplus in the ICT sector to 6 billion dollars. The ICT export managed to grow on the back of robust demand for computers and auxiliary storage units, of which shipment soared 84.5 percent and 152.2 percent each in June from a year earlier. Demand for computers surged in recent months as people preferred working at home and attending online classes on the fear of the COVID-19 outbreak across the world. The shipment of semiconductors and display panels fell 0.5 percent and 5.2 percent respectively, and mobile phone export slumped 10.6 percent on weak global demand for smartphones. The ICT export to China, South Korea’s biggest trading partner, recorded 7.28 billion dollars in the month, followed by 2.13 billion dollars to Vietnam, 1.94 billion dollars to the United States… Read full this story
- Kush Bottles Opens Massachusetts Facility to Meet Rising Cannabis Demand on the East Coast
- Mind Commerce releases findings from Exascale Computing Market Research
- Market Outlook for Serverless Computing revealed by Mind Commerce
- High Performance Computing Market findings released by Mind Commerce
- Photos of North Korea offer rare look inside Pyongyang life
- The Export Nations are driving the Growth for Foundry Machinery Market
- Glosfer’s In-house Startup Blockchain C&S to Establish ‘ICT-based Ma-eum Talk Talk Service'
- Kim Jong Un Reaffirms Commitment To Denuclearization As Koreas Set Summit
- North Korea releases declaration reaffirming Kim Jong Un's commitment to denuclearization
- Iranian oil exports fall to 1.6 million barrels a day
S.Korea's ICT export rises in June on demand for computers have 303 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.