Video PlayerClose SEOUL, July 13 (Xinhua) — South Korea’s export of information and communications technology (ICT) products rose last month thanks to demand for computers and back-up memory units, a government report showed Monday. The ICT product shipment added 1 percent from a year earlier to 14.96 billion U.S. dollars in June, according to the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. Import gained 4.8 percent to 8.96 billion dollars, sending the trade surplus in the ICT sector to 6 billion dollars. The ICT export managed to grow on the back of robust demand for computers and auxiliary storage units, of which shipment soared 84.5 percent and 152.2 percent each in June from a year earlier. Demand for computers surged in recent months as people preferred working at home and attending online classes on the fear of the COVID-19 outbreak across the world. The shipment of semiconductors and display panels fell 0.5 percent and 5.2 percent respectively, and mobile phone export slumped 10.6 percent on weak global demand for smartphones. The ICT export to China, South Korea’s biggest trading partner, recorded 7.28 billion dollars in the month, followed by 2.13 billion dollars to Vietnam, 1.94 billion dollars to the United States… Read full this story
- Coronavirus | Coronil demand at 10 lakh packs a day, says Baba Ramdev
- S.Korea's current account surplus hits 8-year low in H1
- Will South Korea Make Atomic Bomb? Seoul 'Fears It Can't Depend On US Alliance'
- Mother demands answers from school after her allergic son, 13, died 'because bullies flicked cheese into his face'
- Vietnam's footwear export down in 7 months
- S. Korea reports 43 more COVID-19 cases, 14,499 in total
- As US milk sales rise amid pandemic, “Got milk?” ads return
- Fears mount over schools reopening as 'Professor Lockdown' Neil Ferguson warns coronavirus R rate could rise by 50% - with pubs facing closure to offset the impact as ministers vow to prioritise children's education
- Across China: Greater Bay Area rising as China's sci&tech front
- Firms lose confidence in economy, index now down to -66.2%
S.Korea's ICT export rises in June on demand for computers have 327 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.